Speculation: TDL rumors/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I don't know if I could ever justify paying that much for one but man do I want one. Even then, i feel like I'd be too scared to drink it
its not worth that, its probably worth slightly more than its actual msrp but the markups for it now are crazy talk

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
its not worth that, its probably worth slightly more than its actual msrp but the markups for it now are crazy talk

People have always asked me how I afford all the gadgets and stuff I do... I just explain that if you eliminate drinking, smoking, and drugs from your budget they'd have a lot of extra money too.

I literally cannot even figure out how people afford that crap. It's expensive as hell, and in my opinion, completely counter productive. Never had any interest in any of them my entire life, and I plan to keep it that way.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
People have always asked me how I afford all the gadgets and stuff I do... I just explain that if you eliminate drinking, smoking, and drugs from your budget they'd have a lot of extra money too.

I literally cannot even figure out how people afford that crap. It's expensive as hell, and in my opinion, completely counter productive. Never had any interest in any of them my entire life, and I plan to keep it that way.
lucky you, i have a whisky and a gadget fetish.....oh and hockey. I cant think of 3 more expensive "hobbies" off the top of my head lol

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

:laugh::thumbu:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Boyle was a fine player for the Sharks. But he was not a superstar. And, I rue that trade... because of the opportunity costs. That trade was DW committing to Dan Boyle as the core of the teams defense for six years, and that was a bad decision.

lol you rue that trade? Based on what? Boyle was an elite superstar #1 d-man for this team for four of his six years here. It's laughable that you want to try and argue opportunity costs yet give absolutely no support for that statement. Opportunity costs like what? The assets used in the trade? That can't be it because nothing really materialized from the players and picks dealt. Cap cost? That can't be it because how many top d-men moved in free agency during that time that they couldn't otherwise afford due specifically to Boyle being here? DW committing to Boyle as part of the core of the team's defense was an excellent move that was worth the cost quite easily and has had residual positive effects in terms of what they look for in d-men that they didn't before then really and the fact that his rights got us Balcers which helped get us Karlsson.

This is a very poor take even for you.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Boyle was a fine player for the Sharks. But he was not a superstar. And, I rue that trade... because of the opportunity costs. That trade was DW committing to Dan Boyle as the core of the teams defense for six years, and that was a bad decision.
What even is this take?

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA

Gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. Boyle was definitely a number 1, superstar D. We gave up Wishart (26 NHL games) Carle (I'd argue we sold high and avoided some contract nightmares) a 1st and 4th. If the assets are not the opportunity cost, what was?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
so like, the boyle acquisition was about 3 team refreshes ago, lets talk about the 2019 deadline or whisky

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Nino for Victor Rask. Basically we could have gotten Nino for a very low price.

5.25M a year for 6 years for essentially Boedker 2.0 except not as good defensively.

No thanks.

Minnesota getting Rask basically means one of Coyle or Fehr is getting traded soon and I wouldn't mind having either of those two back.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
5.25M a year for 6 years for essentially Boedker 2.0 except not as good defensively.

No thanks.

Minnesota getting Rask basically means one of Coyle or Fehr is getting traded soon and I wouldn't mind having either of those two back.

I don't think Nino's anything special and I don't see who we'd give up that would've made getting him at his rate worth it but Carolina won that deal because Rask is garbage.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

No thanks.

I think Fehr is pretty much a 4C at this point, so as much as I would like him at that position, I would rather get an upgrade in the top-9. My ideal scenario for the playoffs is to have either a speedy 3C or top-9 winger with the idea that Jumbo goes down to 4C and Pavs OR the new acquisition becomes the 3C. It would be really nice to have Pavs and Jumbo split up again and having them both with faster line-mates.

Reactions: ChompChomp

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
lucky you, i have a whisky and a gadget fetish.....oh and hockey. I cant think of 3 more expensive "hobbies" off the top of my head lol
Right there with you. I spend pretty minimally on hockey and booze though. But my gadget budget is quite high

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
Cars. I have friends that go to the racetrack and stuff and they can’t do anything else. Sometimes I’ll take them to Sharks games because they can’t afford tickets anymore haha

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
My vice is cycling and it can get expensive fast but shopping the opposite seasons will save you tons of money.

Reactions: one2gamble

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
My vice is pepsi. I like a scattered drink, only smoked twice and that was for the sake of trying it. Still can't get enough of pepsi.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
My vice is coffee, it used to be dark beers but had to give it up when I found out I could no longer consume gluten.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
When he decided to hit Boyle in the numbers, the stumble became irrelevant. Definition of defenseless. That's 15 to 20 games in todays NHL despite the silly premise that the DOPS won't suspend players that hurt Sharks.
I said the hit was illegal. Boyle stumbling changed it from a 2 minute minor to a 5 minute major and a 5 game suspension. Glad the league didn't fault the victim in that case.

My main point was I've seen more malicious hits than that one against Sharks, even by the player in question.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I said the hit was illegal. Boyle stumbling changed it from a 2 minute minor to a 5 minute major and a 5 game suspension. Glad the league didn't fault the victim in that case.

My main point was I've seen more malicious hits than that one against Sharks, even by the player in question.

I still think Lapierre’s was hit on Boyle was the most malicious, but at any rate, it doesn’t really change what I’m saying.

We had a true useless goon on the ice, along another 4th liner that added toughness and wasn’t afraid to drop the gloves. It didn’t deter a damn thing - Lapierre still threw an incredibly malicious hit on Boyle that essentially ended his career. And, the useless goon didn’t even manage to get his hands on Lapierre; he just fought another useless goon. Desjardins supposedly punched Lapierre and made him bleed, but footage never surfaced and I’m quite skeptical that it actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad