Post-Game Talk: TBL @ OTT. Someone hire Tony Robbins Edition

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I feel like he cares too much... get him slightly upset and he loses all composure, and getting him upset doesn't seem to take anything.

Not sure that is the case, even in the pre-game warm up he is struggling, its sad to watch.

Every shot on him is an adventure.

He will bounce back, he is a competitor.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Lets reward Z. Smith's bad penalty with a crucial faceoff at the end of the game. Smith took a selfish penalty and his butt should have been stapled to the bench for the rest of the game.

Where is the accountability?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I dunno man. The whole offseason #SensBudget comments by Eugene kinda killed my interest in the team for this season.

I don't think I cared enough to even be mad by November.

Nah, that only kept my interest for a week. Mostly because I'm an Obsidian fan, but I've never been a South Park fan (only seen one episode ever).

I went back to 2014 GOTY Banished. I'm so addicted to this game.

Haven't tried banished, im gunna look into it though. Stick of Truth was fun, but it was more like a long ass episode. The battle mechanics were limited, like a Paper Mario game. Fun as **** for south park loyalists like me though.

Im doing a fresh play through of Dark Souls after getting mad and putting it down a year ago not to touch it since. Having fun with that, most frusterating game ever . . . but when you beat a boss it's awesome. Such an old school feeling

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I feel like he cares too much... get him slightly upset and he loses all composure, and getting him upset doesn't seem to take anything.

Yep, he's got to learn to control those emotions, and use them as a positive instead of a negative.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Just visiting blogs and stuff, a lot of people feel spurned by their boosting of Lehner. I have a friend who all year trashed Anderson and demanded Lehner be the starter.

Now, he despises him because he "failed" him.

He's 22 but I think he should start next year in Bingo. Give him 30 starts to break the bad habits and then call him up for the back-up role or of Andy gets hurt.

His sv% and GAA really aren't that different from Anderson's right now.

He's had a real bad stretch but he had a fantastic start to the season that shouldn't be overlooked because he's in a funk. Start him in a bunch of preseason games next year, and if he still looks unplayable then send him down.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Garbage defense. Garbage goaltending. Great scoring.

When the game is on the line, the offense doesn't produce nearly often enough.

The team as a whole makes too many mistakes and is too undisciplined to be consistent or even give themselves a fighting chance.

13 turnovers and 7 minor penalties, teams can't expect to win with these type of stats.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Tuuka Rask had that problem early on. He harnesses his anger now.

Lehner has been a hot head since his world junior days.

Rask is a great comparable. How many years was he a junior starter, how many years behind Thomas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuukka_Rask

Had a great first season where he played over half the games, his numbers dipped a bit his second year as he settled into a backup role and played 2 more seasons before taking the reigns.

5 years pro before he made it to the NHL as a backup.

Patience is key with a goalie.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
One of the Bingo guys. Why not?

Doesn't makes sense to start anyone but Lehner or Anderson, just shows a complete lack of confidence in the guys.

This team isn't going anywhere but golfing in April, so play Lehner and let him work his way out of his funk.

Time to sit Phillips, Michalek, Neil and let two of the kids come up from Bingo and play as well.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
One of the Bingo guys. Why not?

One is injured, the other one backed up tonight. Team had no choice but to give the net to Lehner. No one will be able to say they didn't give Lehner a chance once Andy went down. Too bad it was under these circumstances but he should still have performed better.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Meh. I ain't even mad. That was a very entertaining game. We played hard but the penalties killed us imo.
I'm 1-6-2 this season now though :/

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Mendes, enough with comparing Spezza and Alfie with previous team records and stats. Watch the friggin' games. Alfie has and will always be a 200 feet player and Spezza won't. Simple as that. One led by example, the other one hasn't done it so far.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
One is injured, the other one backed up tonight. Team had no choice but to give the net to Lehner. No one will be able to say they didn't give Lehner a chance once Andy went down. Too bad it was under these circumstances but he should still have performed better.

Agreed, but he sure didn't get much help most games.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Meh. I ain't even mad. That was a very entertaining game. We played hard but the penalties killed us imo.
I'm 1-6-2 this season now though :/

Idek know what my record is anymore.

Bright side to tonight, glass seats for only $65, and apparently was on tv numerous times :D

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
Mendes, enough with comparing Spezza and Alfie with previous team records and stats. Watch the friggin' games. Alfie has and will always be a 200 feet player and Spezza won't. Simple as that. One led by example, the other one hasn't done it so far.
Alfie is Alfie. Spezza is not Alfie. I support his captaincy.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Meh, it is what it is.

All that i hope for now is that we start winning some games so we do not sink further in the standings.

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
This season is doomed when the management was too cheap to keep alfie. It's like a dark cloud on top of this team and I don't know when it will go away.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Alfie is Alfie. Spezza is not Alfie. I support his captaincy.

It' the way he compares past teams to this year's to show that Alfie was somehow not much better while ignoring the fact that Alfie was always a defensively responsible player and led by example. If one supports Spezza keeping the C for what he is, a one-dimensional offensive player, fine, but Mendes' argument holds no water.

Berserker*

Leslie%20Nielsen%20Clothesline.gif

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
during Alfie's return to Ottawa in December, Mendes made plenty of reasonable arguments that today he just said the conclusion of that and skipped the arguments.

Look, I'm not happy about this season. Alfie was captain for a very long time... was he loved for his style since day 1? My guess is no. He has a funadmentally different playing style than Spezza. What I do see is game after game Spezza is busting his balls. Give it some time. The team will adjust. That said, I'm a new fan. I'm not young, but I moved to Ottawa in 2009 and didn't follow hockey before. Maybe I'm wrong and the team immediately became awesome after Alfie got the c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad