Confirmed with Link: [TBL/OTT] Lightning trade Mathieu Joseph and a 4th rd pick for Nick Paul (44.5% retained)

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Joseph is going to be a star, doesn’t mean we lost the trade. We weren’t going to be able to give him the opportunity he’s getting in Ottawa
Absolutely - I think this trade works out for both sides. Big Dick Nick is exactly the kind of player you want in your bottom 6 and I think it'll become pretty self-evident come playoff time. It's also worth noting that Joseph is getting first line minutes with Tkachuk and Norris.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Joseph is going to be a star, doesn’t mean we lost the trade. We weren’t going to be able to give him the opportunity he’s getting in Ottawa
That’s a bold prediction, it’s only a few games and he put up a bunch of points against Detroit and some against Montreal.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
That’s a bold prediction, it’s only a few games and he put up a bunch of points against Detroit and some against Montreal.
I’m not basing it off of a few games, I am basing it off the amount of time I’ve followed him and the talent he’s shown. Lack of consistency has been his problem, something which experience and playing time can fix

Reactions: KingAlfie11

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I’m not basing it off of a few games, I am basing it off the amount of time I’ve followed him and the talent he’s shown. Lack of consistency has been his problem, something which experience and playing time can fix
I’ve been watching him for a long time too and I don’t see star power from him, these few games haven’t changed my mind about it but time will tell I guess. Also in my mind a star player is Kucherov Barkov or a Matthews.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
How dare you all for not incessantly bickering over a trade outcome! It is not possible for a trade to benefit both teams, and you must all perform endless online armchair GM dick-measuring contests to determine which team won the trade.

This has been a proud HF tradition since 1997. How. dare. you.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I’ve been watching him for a long time too and I don’t see star power from him, these few games haven’t changed my mind about it but time will tell I guess. Also in my mind a star player is Kucherov Barkov or a Matthews.

My definition of a star is one of the top 30 players at their position, not someone who is on the cover of NHL23. I think he will put up Rakell like numbers, 25-30 goals and 50-60 points.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
You guys will love Nick Paul versatility and as a Sens fan I think Joseph will benefit greatly from a new start with a young talented team like Ottawa! It's a win-win for both team

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Joseph might be playing better in Ottawa than he ever did in Tampa but Paul is also playing better than Joseph ever did. It's the definition of a win-win trade.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
How dare you all for not incessantly bickering over a trade outcome! It is not possible for a trade to benefit both teams, and you must all perform endless online armchair GM dick-measuring contests to determine which team won the trade.

This has been a proud HF tradition since 1997. How. dare. you.
Lol the Senators got f***ing fleeced in this trade! Paul will be a megastar, possibly better than McDavid, and Joseph will be lucky to have a spot in ECHL in a couple of years!

Big words! Loud noises!

Suck it Sens fans!

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This trade works well for both sides. Joseph gets top-6 minutes on a young team, Ottawa gets a speedy forward to stick with Tkachuk and Norris and we get a bigger and better version of Paquette/Thompson that Cooper likes so much.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This trade works well for both sides. Joseph gets top-6 minutes on a young team, Ottawa gets a speedy forward to stick with Tkachuk and Norris and we get a bigger and better version of Paquette/Thompson that Cooper likes so much.
Bolts have a few other young guys who fit the Joseph mold too like Fortier. Bolts don’t have anyone like Nick Paul.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad