Confirmed with Link: [TBL/MTL] D Mikhail Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for L Jonathan Drouin + cond. 6th (2018)

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Whats the scoop on Sergachev, whats his floor/ceiling/job(puck mover,dfd)?

Puck moving defenseman. He can play both sides and likes to play all over the ice like a younger Karlsson. Hard, accurate shot.

He has potential to be a top 10 defenceman in the league. His floor is probably a bottom pairing defenseman, and he could have played there last year.

Because of his age, he either will be playing in Tampa or the OHL next year.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Have to give the benefit of the doubt to SFY. Got $ now to sign a D in FA, as well as sign Johnson/Palat to new contracts, and freed up a slot for the expansion draft (Namestnikov?). 2nd next year is a bonus.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Wow, didn't see this coming. The value is all right but how does this help us now?? We're going for the cup, not rebuilding.

Yzerman wants that monster two headed defenseman with hedman and someone else. Stralman handles that till this kid takes over. Fits our cap by the time we have to pay this kid our bloated contracts will be off the books

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
wow. interesting trade. makes a lot of sense actually.

and i personally like this trade because imho this means palat and TJ are going to sign nice deals. And in the future Kuch will be affordable.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Trade only looks good for us if this kid pans out.

Chances Drouin develops into an elite forward in the next couple years are higher.

Not to mention we potentially face him in the playoffs, outside of Hedman every other defenseman is a terrible matchup against Drouin. Incoming highlight reel dangle on Sustr.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yzerman wants that monster two headed defenseman with hedman and someone else. Stralman handles that till this kid takes over. Fits our cap by the time we have to pay this kid our bloated contracts will be off the books

Long term, SFY has upgraded what the defense could look like a few years down the road.

Hedman, Stralman, Sergachev, Dotchin, Koekkoek, & Cernak

JS91

May 14, 2014
Well this is awkward. I've completely missed the last year of NHL outside of checking the stats every now and then due to being in the army. I finally got out today and the first thing I see after getting home is that Drouin has been traded to a division rival.

Could someone fill me in here? As far as I can tell the biggest problem of the team this year was scoring outside of Kucherov Hedman and Drouin so why would be move arguably the best playmaker in the team for a D-man?

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Well this is awkward. I've completely missed the last year of NHL outside of checking the stats every now and then due to being in the army. I finally got out today and the first thing I see after getting home is that Drouin has been traded to a division rival.

Could someone fill me in here? As far as I can tell the biggest problem of the team this year was scoring outside of Kucherov Hedman and Drouin so why would be move arguably the best playmaker in the team for a D-man?

High probability that he didnt want to be here or he wanted too much money. Those combined with Yzerman wanting to add a top 4 dman, and moving Drouin makes some sense. Although, I thought it would be for a slightly more proven player.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Chances Drouin develops into an elite forward in the next couple years are higher.

Not to mention we potentially face him in the playoffs, outside of Hedman every other defenseman is a terrible matchup against Drouin. Incoming highlight reel dangle on Sustr.

Also apparently if he doesn't play in the NHL This year there are good chances he bolts back to Russia. So this could be a disaster in the making.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

According to the mainboards "they can now protect Killorn". :facepalm:

I'm hoping something else is underworks, another defenseman or top-6 forward on the move otherwise this just looks like we got worse for next season.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Long term, SFY has upgraded what the defense could look like a few years down the road.

Hedman, Stralman, Sergachev, Dotchin, Koekkoek, & Cernak
All the sudden we have some nice defenseman prospects. But this smells like yzerman is setting up another move to me ?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Habs fan here.

If I had to pin down Sergachev's flaws, the only one I can think of is his urgency doesn't seem to always be there. Not a laziness thing, just sometimes he's a bit cool like a cucumber with the puck when he should be moving it around quicker.

Aside from that, pretty damn complete defensive prospect. He can transition, he has a great shot and very good offensive IQ, has the strength and positioning to be put in all defensive situations as needed. If I were to project him, I would say he'll be a 40-45 pt D-man who will eventually play on the PK and play 22-24 mins per game. His ceiling is Norris Trophy candidate.

I think by year 2, he can provide your team the opportunity to have Nashville-like top 4 so long as you can insert one final piece.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Incoming open ice hit by Stralman destroying a head down Drouin.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Also apparently if he doesn't play in the NHL This year there are good chances he bolts back to Russia. So this could be a disaster in the making.

DON'T SAY THAT!?!? Losing Drouin for nothing would be an absolute disaster

I guess Yzerman thinks with a Healthy Stamkos and Callahan back we'll be fine with Stammer and Kucherov scoring 40 each and that solves the depth issue.

Point is also developing quite nice. He's probably hoping a return to form of Palat and Johnson ... :help:

BucsNBolts

May 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
I just really think Yzerman's hand was forced by Druin and his agent wanting an unreasonable contract. We already know Druin thinks very highly of himself with his holdout and I suspect he wanted big money long term to stay. Plus, there may have still been some lingering animosity with Coop/Yzerman and he just took a hard unreasonable stand so he would get traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad