Waived: (TBL) Mike Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
haha well im not a DP supporter but he has alot of experience playing in the NCAA, Olympics etc and can pass it along and give advice. He can play an elder statesmen type role!!

He isnt going to teach KP how to block shots.. I figure since Dipietro will be injured again and again, its the least he can provide for the team.

I think we can agree this is how Poulin got hurt.

HEY KID! NEVER TAKE GOALTENDING ADVICE FROM THE GUY IN THE WALKER!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'd claim Bernier.

Bernier is a RFA this summer and no team in it's right mind will qualify him at 2M(meaning he will be a UFA soon enough). I would be open to picking him up at a cheaper price this summer but at this point it's pointless picking him up on waivers.

Smith being on callup waivers means he is now at half the price which now becomes a more interesting proposition

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Bernier is a RFA this summer and no team in it's right mind will qualify him at 2M(meaning he will be a UFA soon enough). I would be open to picking him up at a cheaper price this summer but at this point it's pointless picking him up on waivers.

Smith being on callup waivers means he is now at half the price which now becomes a more interesting proposition

Bernier may be worth the tryout. We can see how he fits in not qualify him than sign him for cheaper

TheBoss22

Apr 28, 2007
Planet Earth
I'd claim Bernier.

Bernier was given every opportunity in Vancouver to be their power forward.

The guy has hands of stone. He was hand picked to be the RW'er on the Sedin line and he would frequently come out empty handed shooting 2 feet from an open net.

Imagine having Moulson with no scoring touch.

I'd pass.

IwayMike

Jul 31, 2007
No to Smith

Pass. Let Montoya play most games with Lawson filling in once in a while. No need to waste money on another player we don't really want.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007

Forgot to add, if some of you are serious about hoping for playoffs, then you'd want to have an experienced, NHL goaltender in Mike Smith backing-up/splitting starts with Montoya than Nathan Lawson.

Should be no question in your mind about that one.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Pass. Let Montoya play most games with Lawson filling in once in a while. No need to waste money on another player we don't really want.

I love when fans talk as if they pay salaries. Fans how no reason to give a rat's behind about salaries unless you are talking about cap implications, which is not the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad