Waived: (TBL) Mike Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
1 - Your talking about Poulin on how he needs to be sent down as if he is so fragile and cant stand the heat. He is the back up and right now the solid back up!!!

i said i think hes a heartbeat away from being ready, and that id like to see him get that final touch to his game in bridge port. now if you want to twist that into me saying "he is so fragile and cant stand the heat", then by all means have fun doing so.
if youre ok with his play in the opening minutes, giving up questionable goals, thats all well and cool with me. personally id like to see him improve on it. id also like to see him improve his play with his blocker. i think those are the final touches needed to complete his game.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Well If DP's Head hurts from that Punch we will need another Goalie....whoever it might be:help:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
You need a goalie who can hold his own in a scrap. Mike Smith is your guy.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
TSN:

Uniondale 2/2/2011 - The NY Islanders have claimed goaltender Mike Smith off waivers from the Tampa Bay Lightning. Smith has communicated through a third party that he does not intend to report to the team and will sit the rest of this season out.

KyleBailey12

Jul 3, 2010
New York
TSN:

Uniondale 2/2/2011 - The NY Islanders have claimed goaltender Mike Smith off waivers from the Tampa Bay Lightning. Smith has communicated through a third party that he does not intend to report to the team and will sit the rest of this season out.

Link?:sarcasm:

Forgot the smiley XD

Last edited:

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
TSN:

WOW.....YOURE FUNNY!!!!!

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
TSN:

Thanks for stopping by, richard.

hgo

Mar 21, 2004
Manhattan
TSN:

As obnoxious as this post was, I did LOL when I read it.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
It's an Islander prospect? Throw him to the wolves, we wanna "see what he can do!"

It's funny because the most common rationale I see around here for picking up/recalling players is "why not?", "what can it hurt?", "give him a shot".

Hopefully, management is more thoughtful than that... although it doesn't seem very likely.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
It's funny because the most common rationale I see around here for picking up/recalling players is "why not?", "what can it hurt?", "give him a shot".

Hopefully, management is more thoughtful than that... although it doesn't seem very likely.

For those of you at home, the answer is.....the young player.

Last edited:

peter021

Apr 2, 2009
St. Petersburg, FL
Is this what it's come to? Scouring the waiver wire to fill out talent on this team? I'm not saying that the waiver pickups are/were bad. Grabner is obviously the best recent example. It just shouldn't be the way you build your team.

In regards to Poulin, he hasn't shown he's at all out of place playing at the NHL level, so I see no reason to send him back down. Not sure how the schedules sync up, but once the Isles' season ends, he can always go down to help Bridgeport in the playoffs and get more playing time.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
i would claim him and send poulin down for the rest of the season.

after checking out smiths medical history and numbers, ive changed my mind. he went from "hey man, this cat is pretty damn good" to "that poor guy" without my even noticing.
i guess i should pay more attention eh?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't know, Roloson for Wishart and Smith sounds much better than just Wishart. Goalies can take forever to develop and there is no reason why Smith wouldn't be any different. We need someone to replace Poulin in the minors, or send Poulin back down. What's the big deal if we take him. The only way this team can get anybody is through waivers, drafting, or trading. Take a chance on him. I really can't see much of a reason not to.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I don't know, Roloson for Wishart and Smith sounds much better than just Wishart. Goalies can take forever to develop and there is no reason why Smith wouldn't be any different. We need someone to replace Poulin in the minors, or send Poulin back down. What's the big deal if we take him. The only way this team can get anybody is through waivers, drafting, or trading. Take a chance on him. I really can't see much of a reason not to.

In other words, "why not?", "what can it hurt?", "give him a shot". ?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Ehh I dunno if we make a claim, I'd say yes but I am really enjoying riding Montoya for now (although tonight is a real good test).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad