Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Lightning sign Curtis McElhinney (2 years, $1.3M AAV)

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
They were in on Pavelski. I don't think they brought him in to offer him $1m a year.
Even with Callahan on the books, the Lightning have $10+ million in cap room and moves could have been made to make it work if Pavelski wasn't just going for a big payday. I mean, no way were we ever in on him at more than $5,5 - $6 Million AAV.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yea getting a possible lottery 1st for Miller was a big joke...
No, the joke was sitting on his hands at the deadline and then again this summer. Just because I sat next to Warren Buffet for 5 years doesn't make me Warren Buffet.

Underwhelming. That's JBB so far.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
BB is working on something bigger behind the scenes. If these depth veteran signings are true, then people will be getting moved.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
No, the joke was sitting on his hands at the deadline and then again this summer. Just because I sat next to Warren Buffet for 5 years doesn't make me Warren Buffet.

Underwhelming. That's JBB so far.

I agree that lack of moves at the deadline could be pointed at now as a thing we should have done. However I dont know many people that argued it much at the time. We were on our way of winning a record amount of games, hard to say a team really needs a move then. This summer hasnt even started yet. Do you want us to overpay some UFA like all the other idiot GMs? Nothing wrong with our GM decisions. Everything that we have failed at has been because our coach is too stupid to make in game decisions.

Reactions: T REX

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Acting like they have cap room? By signing bargain basement players like Schenn and McElhinney? Right...
I'm not sure why he would sign for bargain basement numbers after his most recent season, especially at his age, and especially when multiple teams were interested in him.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Mazanec? I thought they also added one other minor leaguer but I see that was going the other way.
Mazanec was stated to be a throw in for Vancouver’s number of contracts. He isn’t in Tampa’s plans and I think already has a contract for next season in Europe.

I would much prefer McBackup to Domingue, both as a traditional backup and if called upon in case of injury, like this past season.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I agree that lack of moves at the deadline could be pointed at now as a thing we should have done. However I dont know many people that argued it much at the time. We were on our way of winning a record amount of games, hard to say a team really needs a move then. This summer hasnt even started yet. Do you want us to overpay some UFA like all the other idiot GMs? Nothing wrong with our GM decisions. Everything that we have failed at has been because our coach is too stupid to make in game decisions.
We agree on Pooper.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That was the year they went to the SCF. So yeah....

They also went to ECF a few years after that too and didnt use UFA much during those seasons. The GM decisions we have made have not been our problem. Using UFA isnt the answer. Its a tool and have to use wisely or your team goes to cap hell quickly if they dont win.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
This doesn't make any sense unless someone is wanting to trade to make Domingue a number one goalie.

There is NO goalie at the AHL level so this makes perfect sense. If something happens to Vasi or Louie, you would be calling up a goalie whose top level of experience is the ECHL to fill the need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad