Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Lightning sign Curtis McElhinney (2 years, $1.3M AAV)

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I'm not sure if Syracuse currently has a goalie, so something like this seemed necessary.

Syracuse does not have a goalie at this point. Tampa Bay has two goaltenders and then a bunch of untested prospects at the AHL level, let alone playing in the NHL when thigns go bad.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Syracuse does not have a goalie at this point. Tampa Bay has two goaltenders and then a bunch of untested prospects at the AHL level, let alone playing in the NHL when thigns go bad.

He'd never make it through waivers. Toronto lost 2 backups last year trying to do that. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Domingue was ok. Nothing special. Below .910 actually which really is nothing special. That should be easy to upgrade just by chance. If McElhinney is taking less money than Domingue was asking for then it's an easy decision, because McElhinney was better.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Lightning keep acting like they have cap room. It makes me think they're just going to let Point walk on an offer sheet, as crazy as that sounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad