Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Corey Perry signs with the Lightning (2 years, $1M AAV)

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Real reason to sign him was our over the cap amount will only be $6.8m, so we must increase the salt supply against us.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
I love it, Perry is awesome just for his agitative behaviour alone.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
He was great for the Habs. He's slow as molasses but his hands and IQ are still there.

I wished we signed him and then join our coaching staff as a skilled coach or something...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This one hurts as a habs fan.

Perry wants to win, so I can't blame him for this move, but the sting of this is surprisingly similar to when Radulov left.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's either a next level betrayal by Perry or Bergevin screwed up Radulov-style by being cheap again.

Or maybe it's neither of those things. Maybe it's a grown man with agency taking into consideration his career goals and personal life and making a decision based on that. It makes a ton of sense that Perry chose to go to Tampa Bay without it being due to treachery or incompetence.

Reactions: teal

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Or maybe it's neither of those things. Maybe it's a grown man with agency taking into consideration his career goals and personal life and making a decision based on that. It makes a ton of sense that Perry chose to go to Tampa Bay without it being due to treachery or incompetence.
How dare you bring agency into this? How does that relate at all to being a UFA???

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Yes. It was reported yesterday Bergevin only wanted to give Perry one year.....

Bergevin has a long history of playing hardball when the ball is not in his court. Hello Radulov.

Radulov? It was confirmed that Montreal offered Radulov the same contract as Dallas, but since Dallas has lower taxes, he wanted more money from Montreal, Radulov was just greedy, don't pin this one on Bergevin.

Reactions: BLNY

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Well I mean since asked you have lost your entire 3rd line but you have the best goalie in the game and a hall of famer in net so you have a shot.

Both losing Goodrow, Coleman, Johnsson and gourde certainly haw to hurt

So when is your jet-ski/boat parade?

Asking for a friend.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
So bummed he is leaving. Absolutely loved him. The most old school player in the league. Tamps fans are gonna love him. All 10 of you.

But seriously no hard feelings. He wants to win and you have to respect that.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This moves marks the start of the decline of the Tampa Bay era. There will be no three-peat. Perry MAY knee someone in the head again though.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad