Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CHI] Lightning trade Tyler Johnson and a 2023 2nd rd pick for Brent Seabrook

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brisebois poking around the NHL like
E7WhXnfXEAsC1s5

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So who can we keep?

I'm bad at math
Savard and Coleman are still going to free agency. This doesn't really change anything for the other guys.

I think the main thing is does JBB still stick with filling those spots with Raddysh, Katchouk, ABB, and Foote like they've talked about, or do we pick up a player or 2 tomorrow?

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Savard and Coleman are still going to free agency. This doesn't really change anything for the other guys.

I think the main thing is does JBB still stick with filling those spots with Raddysh, Katchouk, ABB, and Foote like they've talked about, or do we pick up a player or 2 tomorrow?

I think they go get Cory perry now for sure

Reactions: The Gongshow

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Hell of a career as a member of the Lightning, hope the change of scenery gives his offensive game a spark. He had some amazing years here and while the cap relief is huge, I will miss seeing #9 in a TB sweater.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

Yep. We're losing Savard and Coleman. Also, I doubt that McElhinney or Schenn will be back (but we could afford them if we want them).

We'll have space to throw some money (say $1m apiece) at Colton and Foote. I assume all the rest of the youngsters can be had for the league minimum, and will replace the remainder of the F's we lose. I'm penciling in Foote as Savard's replacement.

Then we just need to fill McElhinney and Schenn's slots. If we go with replacements on league minimum contracts for both of those, and go with a 22-man roster, then we'll have about $750k left over. We can use that $750k to either max out the roster (23 guys) or go find someone better than league minimum for the McE / Schenn slots. Personally I'd go with the 22-man roster and use the cash for a slight upgrade at D -- some vet on about a $1.5m contract to replace Schenn (to push Foote for the 6th D spot). That means league minimum or thereabouts for our backup goalie, which is a risk, but I think it's a good one, given that our backup G had zero impact in the last two postseason.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
I think we need to upgrade the RD also. And by losing Gourde, Goodrow, and probably Coleman, we need another vet that is good at PK. I don't think that is Perry.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We still don't have crazy money. We might have room for 1 vet min after signing all the kids to their 800K - 1m contracts

Bogo and Perry should be considered as well. Might have to even let one or two of those kids go.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Yeah it’s crazy how people don’t understand LTIR. The LTIRetired guys simply just don’t exist for cap purposes (practically, not mathematically). We just actually owe them the real $$s (partially Insurance). Basically it means we don’t have a cheap owner

Edit: nvm im dumb or bad at math or both.

Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Johnsons game was one of the main reasons i felt in love with this team few years ago! True warrior, i loved that while a lot of guys in the league tried to skate away from Wilson,Johnny always was in his face,always scrambled in front of net,never gave up! I am glad that he got 2 cups,and for me he will always be a true Bolt! Good luck Tyler thank you for everything!
P.s. I m not so smart with all cap thing,but am I right that JBB has done some another magical trick?)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'll miss Tyler as a Bolt. He was a key part of this franchise for awhile and I'm glad he got to go out on a high note with his performance in the playoffs this year. Going to be weird to see him 2 days from now with the Cup :laugh: I doubt that I'll get a chance to talk to him(I have before but not at an official event like this) but if I do I'll pass on everyone's well wishes for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad