Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CBJ/DET] D. Savard (75% retained), B. Lashoff to TBL; '21 1st, '22 3rd to CBJ; '21 4th to DET

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Good thing your opinion doesn't matter and is wrong.

I am overwhelmed by the depth of analysis of my comment.
An extraordinary knowledge is felt in your comment.
The philosophical meaning of your phrase is worthy of Aristotle and Socrates.
Could you please disclose your expert opinion in more detail.
My low level of knowledge does not allow me to understand your brilliant idea.
I am ready to consider you as my master Yoda. :popcorn:

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
While I've read Savard hasn't been lights-out the player he can be this year (haven't seen many of his games), he is one of the players I wanted the Leafs to get. Both teams benefit but Tampa solidified "strong Cup contender status" for me. They have a lot of good prospects so a 1st is something they can afford. He is a great playoff style defenseman.

Tampa's overall prospect pool is ranked pretty badly actually.

BUT they always find a way.

This move still solidifies the backend, even with the lost steps.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
At this point of his career, I don't see Savard as anything more than a bottom pairing dman. He's always been overrated

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tampa's overall prospect pool is ranked pretty badly actually.

BUT they always find a way.

This move still solidifies the backend, even with the lost steps.
I don't think that matters really. Those prospect pool rankings are like 99% based on draft position. Like, no one ranked a guy like Cirelli high even after being impressive in Syracuse. I think at this point you can just rely on a random player in the Tampa organization breaking out every year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even when we had good prospects, they labeled them bad. Most prospect rankings are garbage.
Yeah, we haven't had a blue chipper on his way up since... Drouin? I mean, Sergachev, but he jumped right into the NHL when he came over.

We do well with older prospects that a lot of rankings would consider AHL lifers. And then guys like Point.

Reactions: Still All In

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad