Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CBJ/DET] D. Savard (75% retained), B. Lashoff to TBL; '21 1st, '22 3rd to CBJ; '21 4th to DET

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wonder if this is where the Tyler Johnson and a 1st cap dump goes to. Columbus certainly has the space for Johnson's contract.
Johnson was apparently okay with the idea of being traded in the offseason, but now? I just don't know.

This would require some kind of really serious magic and voodoo as an above commenter suggested. For Rutta with Savard retained 50% by Columbus and another 50% retained by Vancouver? We're just going to have to throw 1st rounders overhand to get something like that accomplished.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
1) LTIR Stephens and Ruuta
2) Send Foote down
3) Make CBJ retain 50% on Savard

and they'll be cap compliant lol smh damn

or they could add Stephens/Ruuta to the trade as well if they can't LTIR them

Reactions: Morrison

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Johnson was apparently okay with the idea of being traded in the offseason, but now? I just don't know.

This would require some kind of really serious magic and voodoo as an above commenter suggested. For Rutta with Savard retained 50% by Columbus and another 50% retained by Vancouver? We're just going to have to throw 1st rounders overhand to get something like that accomplished.

He was OK w being moved? Didn't seem like it from what I remember. He certainly didn't lift his NTC. Hadn't Tampa sorta moved on to possibly other targets to move ( Killorn or Palat?) since given the restrictions and cap allocations he was going to be incredibly challenging to move ?

Reactions: go4hockey

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Isn't 50% the max retention? As in, you couldnt have a third team retain another 50%.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Well of course they are.

If they land him I want to see how Carolina& Florida will answer
unpopular opinion, but I don't see carolina in tampas league still. they're a very good but not great team that still is very flawed IMO. I don't think they can play inside the dots against a top tier team like tampa still

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Tampa could also just get Dubinsky included in the trade, that would increase their LTIR pool enough to add Savard to the team. Doesn't look like Columbus will need the 'extra space'.

(I'm wrong, ignore me. I missed the factor that no way can Tampa reset their LTIR relief number.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad