Recalled/Assigned: TB recalls G Gudlevskis from SYC

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
TB recalls G Gudlevskis from SYC

Good, Bish needs a rest and I don't think anyone trusts a cold Poulin against a team like CHI, even with Keith out.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Big game goalie gets a big game. Sounds perfect to me.

If you're the NHL, you want Bish out there for the nationally televised rematch, but he needs to rest badly.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Yeah, don't really care what the NHL wants, Ben needs a day off. St. Louis on Tuesday is also a nationally televised game. He'll definitely want to play in that one, it's his home town and all.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Yeah, don't really care what the NHL wants, Ben needs a day off. St. Louis on Tuesday is also a nationally televised game. He'll definitely want to play in that one, it's his home town and all.

Yep. Imo it was a mistake too for him to play in both games in the first back-to-back a week ago.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Its time for the big show to have a big game. This is exciting. Will either be a crazy win, or a complete flameout for Gudles.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd bet my dinner that Gudlevskis starts the St. Louis game and we see Ben return to action on Thursday against the Avs. That should do the trick for him. I know it's Bishop's home town but he can afford the night off then. You don't put in your backup in a Stanley Cup rematch.

You win the Chicago game at all cost. Do that and the road trip would be successful by the time you've stepped into St. Louis with no less than 5 points out of 8 achieved.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd bet my dinner that Gudlevskis starts the St. Louis game and we see Ben return to action on Thursday against the Avs. That should do the trick for him. I know it's Bishop's home town but he can afford the night off then. You don't put in your backup in a Stanley Cup rematch.

You win the Chicago game at all cost. Do that and the road trip would be successful by the time you've stepped into St. Louis with no less than 5 points out of 8 achieved.

Gotta disagree. Bishop was shaky tonight, and has been... inconsistent lately. He's overworked.

Chicago is not a divisional rival - and this is not a division game. Bish needs time off.

Edit: And I for one don't think Bish gives us the best chance to win tomorrow night. We're already not a great team on b2bs, but Bish has to have been horrible in such situations when he's played them. I don't have numbers in front of me, but unless my memory is playing tricks on me, we should put someone else in net tomorrow night.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
In fairness, most goaltenders will struggle in back-to-back situations. General intuition supports that - certainly statistical studies support that. I'm sure we can also recall from the stretch run in 2013-'14 when Bishop got run into the ground on back-to-back starts because Coop wouldn't trust Lindback to catch a beach ball.

Poulin's essentially a paper backup. I can't really fault them for wanting to get Kristers regular reps, but you really hope that Bishop starting 8/8 to start this season doesn't put him behind something of an 8-ball going forward. Probably going to get a bit more Vasileviskiy, including some consecutive start patterns from him, when he's healthy again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The BP podcast guy called this. Poulin's basically here so we don't have to keep Gudlevskis on the bench.

I worry that that's our exact plan for Vasy though.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

We have another game against Chicago at home later that is probably more "must win" for us fans. Really though you're blowing it out of proportion IMO, it's just another 2 points up for grabs, the Hawks won't be kicking themselves if they lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad