Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

Who wins?

• Total voters

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This feels so much like the Colorado series 2 years ago where we are just happy to be here and I think it’ll go pretty much the same way.

Dallas has better goaltending, deeper defence and a much deeper forward group. If McDavid plays like he did this series it’ll be a quick 4. If McDavid heals, gets better or whatever, we stand a chance to win a few games.
I don’t get the sense at all the Oilers are just happy to be there. They are going to have a huge chip on their shoulder based on being swept the last time they were in the conference final.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
It’s time to go into the great beyond…
836BB07E-923C-4EC0-A404-E22BF85C1FDE.jpeg

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I figured La, Nashville and Vancouver were highly beatable to get this far.

Was never confident about facing Dallas, Colorado and Vegas goldenltirrefs.

Im happy the team is starting as a massive underdog and hopefully takes some pressure off. For me it comes down entirely to goaltending. Skinner is going to face more than 15-20 shots a night. Unfortunately I don't think he has it in him to provide 0.915 goaltending.

Ideally we can drag this to 7 and anything can happen.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Hopefully Henrique is ready because I am done with Ryan Mcleod

Dallas is a great team but i don't think the matchup is as bad as some will say
If Henrique could come back and slot in as the 3C it’d make a world of difference for the team and McLeod imo. Slide McLeod over to the wing and pair him with Foegle to make up for Henrique’s lack of speed and it’d work well as a line to follow up the top 6 that’s clicking right now. Giving McLeod a little less responsibility as a winger would do wonders for his game right now.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Dallas' bottom 6 is quite a bit better than ours and their defense is nasty. You just know Tanev is going to be all over McDavid. They do have quite a bit of older legs up front so hopefully they'll slow down a bit, but they've had a pretty long rest.

One thing I do like about this matchup for us is special teams. Dallas' PK is sub 70% right now 👀

Oettinger seems to vacillate between god and sieve, hopefully we get the latter

Goes without saying but our top guys need to carry us here, even more than normal

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can't see how this will even be close with Skinner in net. We barely beat Vancouvers 3rd stringer and our #1 blew chunks and wasn't even tested in games 6 and 7. Shoot high glove or low blocker and you beat Skinner easily. Dallas will expose this and we are toast in 4.
Username checks out

No black cloud, mostly just gray lol. Like I said they have exceeded expectations for me. Anything past here is gravy.
Okay. So chill and stop being such a downer moving forward.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
And while we're at it...
"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen"...

"That does not belong in the National Hockey League"...
Yes it does. If you've been around long enough, there's still a special kind of dislike for the Stars.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Heart says Oilers in 6.
Brain says Stars in 5 or 6.

Dallas is a really well built team. Impact players in every position, good vet presence, good young talent. We need our absolute A game every game and Skinner my man, please do not shit the bed too hard.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Even though Dallas are the better team on paper than the Canucks and they will have had a few days' extra rest, I somehow feel better about this series.

The Oilers are now going to be more of an underdog, but they will also know they can come out on top under some of the toughest of circumstances.

I just hope whatever germs have been going around the room are done and that the guys aren't too drained from it at this point.

I also hope this new brand of sitting on a lead by barely making it to the redline to turn it over gets adjusted out of our game asap.

Oilers in 6!

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
This feels so much like the Colorado series 2 years ago where we are just happy to be here and I think it’ll go pretty much the same way.

Dallas has better goaltending, deeper defence and a much deeper forward group. If McDavid plays like he did this series it’ll be a quick 4. If McDavid heals, gets better or whatever, we stand a chance to win a few games.
If the Canucks can give the Oilers fits, the Oilers sure as hell can beat the Stars.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I can't see how this will even be close with Skinner in net. We barely beat Vancouvers 3rd stringer and our #1 blew chunks and wasn't even tested in games 6 and 7. Shoot high glove or low blocker and you beat Skinner easily. Dallas will expose this and we are toast in 4.
Did u watch Silvos? He was unbelievable. Our defence and PK played great. All lines played great last night. Go on the Stars board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad