Player Discussion Taylor Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
If Hall prefers to stay and to be a "team member" of The Bruins... it´s... 6M x 6 yrs NMC (disposed; 7 - 7 - 6 - 6 - 5 - 5)!
Ought to work for both parties... Hall gets his long term deal, he gets to play for a team he likes, the salary gives him room to superseed expectations year after year, he avoids the pressure to have to carry the team and the Bruins avoids the major risk of another Backes-contract + keeps a good position to continue building as a contender (also in Hall´s interest)!

No matter what other teams would offer... 8M is just out of the question for the B´s as an organization - why... because the Bruins are not any organization, it´s an original six in the greatest sports city in the World! Players just don´t dictate things the same way in Boston as elsewhere!!!

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I'm trying to enjoy it while I can because the pessimist in me thinks he's gonna price himself out of here and they won't be able to keep him and Krejci.

Personally I think that he would be willing to sign a 6 million 5 years contract. The kid probably is happy to be finally in a winning environment and that contract would still guarantee him 30 million dollars before tax. This kid went to the playoffs ONCE in his career. Cannot imagine him taking money over happiness. I see him signing after the expansion draft. The only factor against this would be a contender sweeping in offering him a better contract...

Reactions: Afam

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
the numbers people are throwing around here just seem so unrealistic.

I can't see him signing for anything less than 5x7 and even that seems so palatable to me that it's probably wishful thinking on my part.

I am optimistic. Bjork + a 2 second for Hall + Lazar before the trade deadline would have been declared as hilariously optimistic trade proposal here and yet this was the trade.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
All the numbers thrown out now don’t matter since they won’t sign him until after the expansion draft. At that point much of his value will depend on his playoff performance.

I personally would've offered him a contract by day 2. Worrying about the expansion draft is missing the trees for the forest. They're going to lose a good young player. Don't stress it. I don't even know who they'd take? It's going to be someone we'll miss for sure but that'll happen with or without signing Hall.

I'm repeating myself but... Once it was revealed that he used his NMC to force his way onto The Bruins. Sign him. Would be different if The B's had to woo him but it wasn't that. He knew the team he was going to, their culture, that he'd be #2lw, their cap structure, what was expected, the way they play a 200 ft game, an '06 franchise, and everything else. He didn't come into this blind and knew he was going to have to up his game and welcomed the challenge. He's bought in. Taylor Hall is a helluva player and choosing Boston shows that he just wants to play hockey.

Good playoffs vs. Bad won't really move the needle for me. I don't know what the playoffs will bring this season. They could win The Cup or be out in the first round. No idea.

But if you have the opportunity to move this team forward with Marchand, Pastrnak, Hall, C. Smith, and possibly - N. Ritchie, Coyle, DeBrusk, Kase, Frederic, etc. as your wingers. Yep. I'm all in. That's as good it gets.

$6M-$7M - 5-7 years. Done. I'd do it today.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I personally would've offered him a contract by day 2. Worrying about the expansion draft is missing the trees for the forest. They're going to lose a good young player. Don't stress it. I don't even know who they'd take? It's going to be someone we'll miss for sure but that'll happen with or without signing Hall.

I'm repeating myself but... Once it was revealed that he used his NMC to force his way onto The Bruins. Sign him. Would be different if The B's had to woo him but it wasn't that. He knew the team he was going to, their culture, that he'd be #2lw, their cap structure, what was expected, the way they play a 200 ft game, an '06 franchise, and everything else. He didn't come into this blind and knew he was going to have to up his game and welcomed the challenge. He's bought in. Taylor Hall is a helluva player and choosing Boston shows that he just wants to play hockey.

Good playoffs vs. Bad won't really move the needle for me. I don't know what the playoffs will bring this season. They could win The Cup or be out in the first round. No idea.

But if you have the opportunity to move this team forward with Marchand, Pastrnak, Hall, C. Smith, and possibly - N. Ritchie, Coyle, DeBrusk, Kase, Frederic, etc. as your wingers. Yep. I'm all in. That's as good it gets.

$6M-$7M - 5-7 years. Done. I'd do it today.
But if he is so keen to play on the Bruins, then there is no need to sign him before the expansion draft. If he changes his mind or the relationship doesn’t work, then it’s better he wasn’t signed too soon. It allows one extra forward to be protected. Of course they will lose someone, but I’d rather they lose the 8th best forward than the 7th (hypothetical example as it is more likely a D anyways).

Reactions: inactive user

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I am optimistic. Bjork + a 2 second for Hall + Lazar before the trade deadline would have been declared as hilariously optimistic trade proposal here and yet this was the trade.

Yep, anyone that proposed such a thing would have been roundly scorned, and laughed into oblivion if they added that Buffalo would retain 50% on top of that.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
But if he is so keen to play on the Bruins, then there is no need to sign him before the expansion draft. If he changes his mind or the relationship doesn’t work, then it’s better he wasn’t signed too soon. It allows one extra forward to be protected. Of course they will lose someone, but I’d rather they lose the 8th best forward than the 7th (hypothetical example as it is more likely a D anyways).

I like the idea for all parties involved to just make him 'one of the guys'. 'You're here. You're a Bruin. Let's get to work.' Makes him not a mercenary - just part of the team.

I also don't really care about the expansion draft. You're losing Grz or Lauzon, DeBrusk, Ritchie, Frederic, etc. Whatever. It'll suck.
The Bruins would need to protect 15 players.
Sign Krejci and Hall and let the chips fall. Also gives Hall peace of mind.

Reactions: Afam

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I like the idea for all parties involved to just make him 'one of the guys'. 'You're here. You're a Bruin. Let's get to work.' Makes him not a mercenary - just part of the team.

I also don't really care about the expansion draft. You're losing Grz or Lauzon, DeBrusk, Ritchie, Frederic, etc. Whatever. It'll suck.
The Bruins would need to protect 15 players.
Sign Krejci and Hall and let the chips fall. Also gives Hall peace of mind.
He can just as easily be “one of the guys” if they have a formal handshake agreement made anytime before the expansion draft and then sign afterwards. It just doesn’t make sense to potentially worsen your team next year by signing now. Same goes if they want to re-sign Rask and Krejci.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Hall prefers to stay and to be a "team member" of The Bruins... it´s... 6M x 6 yrs NMC (disposed; 7 - 7 - 6 - 6 - 5 - 5)!
Ought to work for both parties... Hall gets his long term deal, he gets to play for a team he likes, the salary gives him room to superseed expectations year after year, he avoids the pressure to have to carry the team and the Bruins avoids the major risk of another Backes-contract + keeps a good position to continue building as a contender (also in Hall´s interest)!

No matter what other teams would offer... 8M is just out of the question for the B´s as an organization - why... because the Bruins are not any organization, it´s an original six in the greatest sports city in the World! Players just don´t dictate things the same way in Boston as elsewhere!!!
6 years lol

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
He can just as easily be “one of the guys” if they have a formal handshake agreement made anytime before the expansion draft and then sign afterwards. It just doesn’t make sense to potentially worsen your team next year by signing now. Same goes if they want to re-sign Rask and Krejci.
I would generally agree with this statement, although I would rather leave Debrusk and Ritchie exposed at this point to entice them away from Grizz or Lauzon, one of whom will be exposed. Hall and Krejci as UFA means we probably protect both Debrusk and Ritchie and there isn't much left of the forwards that I would expect chosen over the D. Really Debrusk is the only guy I see them possibly choosing over a D since he is a young player that has scored close to 30 goals in the past and has the potential to be a top 6 forward, which will be really hard to come by in the draft. With Marchand, Hall, and Ritchie on the left I am alright losing Debrusk to keep our young D. I know that is playing with fire as our top 6 guys could drop off quickly, but I would rather take a chance on right now than sacrifice it in hopes of Debrusk becoming the solid top 6 LW we've been hoping for.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I would generally agree with this statement, although I would rather leave Debrusk and Ritchie exposed at this point to entice them away from Grizz or Lauzon, one of whom will be exposed. Hall and Krejci as UFA means we probably protect both Debrusk and Ritchie and there isn't much left of the forwards that I would expect chosen over the D. Really Debrusk is the only guy I see them possibly choosing over a D since he is a young player that has scored close to 30 goals in the past and has the potential to be a top 6 forward, which will be really hard to come by in the draft. With Marchand, Hall, and Ritchie on the left I am alright losing Debrusk to keep our young D. I know that is playing with fire as our top 6 guys could drop off quickly, but I would rather take a chance on right now than sacrifice it in hopes of Debrusk becoming the solid top 6 LW we've been hoping for.
Maybe they take Kase. :sarcasm:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

While this is true there’s also reports out there that Buffalo had teams offer a first round pick for him, but Hall rejected going to the team because he has a no movement clause. So Hall forced their hand and Buffalo basically took what they could get for him.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I find it too hard to speculate on what contract be would want. So I’ll just be a simpleton and feel great that he’s a Bruin. He’s going to make Boston the team to beat in the playoffs.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Look how much fun he's having, first one with his hands up after Carlo's goal. Didn't even touch the puck on this play, and he's more excited than anyone. He loves playing here.

Screenshot_20210506-232057.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad