Value of: Taylor Hall to Nashville

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's really not.

Hall is constantly injured.
Hall isn't going to re-sign in NJ, he wants to win.
Hall only has a year left on his deal.
Hall was traded for a #4 d-man by a terrible GM.

All these factors are taken into account.

He had a torn ligament in his knee...its not like he missed games with a sore back.

Also, what he was traded for last time has no bearing on anything. Especially considering that almost everyone universally knows NJ ripped EDM off.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It's really not.

Hall is constantly injured.
Hall isn't going to re-sign in NJ, he wants to win.
Hall only has a year left on his deal.
Hall was traded for a #4 d-man by a terrible GM.

All these factors are taken into account.

1. He never said this. Nobody knows except for him. He never said he wasn't staying. If he wasn't he'll be traded but saying for "half of Karlsson" is the silly part.

2. None of that has anything to do with anything currently. That was 3 years ago, Chiarelli isn't involved anything for anyone so it's a moot point.

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
1. He never said this. Nobody knows except for him. He never said he wasn't staying. If he wasn't he'll be traded but saying for "half of Karlsson" is the silly part.

2. None of that has anything to do with anything currently. That was 3 years ago, Chiarelli isn't involved anything for anyone so it's a moot point.

1. It's pretty obvious man, read the tea leaves.

2. You're kidding yourself if you think it won't be on the minds of the GMs. They know the Devils got Hall for a mediocre dman

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

2. You're kidding yourself if you think it won't be on the minds of the GMs. They know the Devils got Hall for a mediocre dman

what tea leaves?

Literally EVERY. SINGLE. THING. points to Hall staying here. Between what he has said, to what Shero has said, to what ownership has said, to Hall and Nico's bromance.

There isn't one single thing that points to him definitively leaving. You guys are all just grasping (hoping?) at straws.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Yeah, Hall hanging out with the Devils owners and coach during the offseason is a good sign that he wants out of NJ.

D5aiVS1WwAEdy4M

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Protected 2020 1st + Conditional 2021 1st (based on re-signing, otherwise a 2021 2nd) + good young player (Tolvanen probably; don't see much else there)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Granlund is naturally a left wing (he only played right in Minnesota because every single one of their wingers shoots left) and Nashville has plenty of RW depth there is no reason to persue Hall here and give up more future assets

imagine comparing Hall to Mikael freaking Granlund lol

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You’d think to get this done Nashville would have to send granlund in the package. My guess is it would look something like Granlund + Tolvanen + Fabbro +. I mean the guy is a year removed from the heart trophy.

Uhhh no. That isn't what it would look like. That may be what NJ would demand, but it would never actually happen. That's a ridiculous package. If Nashville and NJ were going to work out a deal around Hall, it would have happened when Subban was traded.

Edit: my bad. Didnt realize this was a necro-bump.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I can't imagine Nashville trading Subban, and then giving up ANOTHER defenseman as a core piece in a separate transaction.

The whole point of moving Subban was that NSH feels Fabbro is ready to step into his role at a much cheaper cost.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Ledge And Dairy

imagine comparing Hall to Mikael freaking Granlund lol
When did I compare them? But if I am to compare a LW on Nashville to Hall, Forsberg is pretty even or better. My point is to acquire Hall Nashville would have to disassemble even more of their core/futures and that would be foolish. Not to mention he is a FA next year and will demand 9+, and Nashville has to pay Josi who will at least make 9 himself.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah, Hall hanging out with the Devils owners and coach during the offseason is a good sign that he wants out of NJ.

D5aiVS1WwAEdy4M
What?

So the fact that he is seen hanging out with management means that he is committed and is staying forever?

Yo

I'd bet that he isn't a Devil next year unless they have an amazing season

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
When did I compare them? But if I am to compare a LW on Nashville to Hall, Forsberg is pretty even or better. My point is to acquire Hall Nashville would have to disassemble even more of their core/futures and that would be foolish. Not to mention he is a FA next year and will demand 9+, and Nashville has to pay Josi who will at least make 9 himself.

again, lol.

have a nice day.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You’d think to get this done Nashville would have to send granlund in the package. My guess is it would look something like Granlund + Tolvanen + Fabbro +. I mean the guy is a year removed from the heart trophy.

He’s going to be a UFA you can’t be serious

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I will guarantee you guys that Hall will not be walking for nothing

If he is not signed to an extension, Shero will trade him. He isnt an idiot.
Ehhhhh that's a pretty bold guarantee. Say the Devs are in a playoff spot come trade deadline. Hall still not signed. Team doesn't move him. Wheels come off and the team misses entirely, or gets pummeled in the opening round.

Hall walks in UFA. And no, I dont consider trading his rights in this scenario as getting something back. Of course, this would be the worst situation for NJ and set the team back pretty far (because they aren't getting much for rights at that point and wouldn't have a high pick).

Realistically, IF Hall doesn't sign this offseason, how do you see this playing out? Because I don't see a realistic win scenario for the Devs if that happens.

Anyway, I now think he's gonna extend this offseason and get a heavy NMC. Basically he will sign for what he's worth this offseason and demand a trade if the team sucks it up. This makes the most sense to me considering he just only played 30 games and another injury this season could seriously hurt his FA value.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Taylor Hall is going to sign in Calgary, show up to the press conference in his Calgary Flames PJ's, and tell everyone there that this has been his dream since he was a little boy. See below for example.

Pretty sure he grew up in Ontario loving the leafs and phil Kessel.

I’m sure JT will lend him his

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad