Value of: Taylor Hall to Nashville

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
They already have 3 top line players in Hall, Hischier, and Palmieri. If Hughes is one, thats 4. How many teams have 4 on their team? Not many.

Ty Smith absolutely has all the makings of a top pairing DMan if he continues to progress at the rate he has.

Again, you really have no clue what you're talking about in this instance.
1. Why don't we wait for Nico to put up more than 52 points in a season before calling him a top line player.
2. Palmieri is a 28 year old forward with a career high of 57 points, he's a decent second line forward
3. Hall is a free agent in one year, he probably doesn't care about a D-man that'll take a few years at best to become a top pairing guy.
4. He's played on the Oilers and now the Devils, he's looking to win now when he reaches FA, don't kid yourself

Reactions: Bet the Over

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
1. Why don't we wait for Nico to put up more than 52 points in a season before calling him a top line player.
2. Palmieri is a 28 year old forward with a career high of 57 points, he's a decent second line forward
3. Hall is a free agent in one year, he probably doesn't care about a D-man that'll take a few years at best to become a top pairing guy.
4. He's played on the Oilers and now the Devils, he's looking to win now when he reaches FA, don't kid yourself

since Palmieri has gotten to NJ, he is in the top 7 or 8 in goals for Right Wingers. Hes a top line RW.

How much do you want to bet that Hall never hits UFA?

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
since Palmieri has gotten to NJ, he is in the top 7 or 8 in goals for Right Wingers. Hes a top line RW.

How much do you want to bet that Hall never hits UFA?
I don't care enough to bet anything, all you Devils fans thinking there's not a good chance of him leaving IF they miss the playoffs next season are hilarious though.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't care enough to bet anything, all you Devils fans thinking there's not a good chance of him leaving IF they miss the playoffs next season are hilarious though.

Our point is that decision will be made WAY before that point. Shero isnt going to let it get to April without Hall signed, you can bet your ass on that.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Our point is that decision will be made WAY before that point. Shero isnt going to let it get to April without Hall signed, you can bet your ass on that.

I can see him being the biggest fish at the TDL next year no question. Probably the biggest since Kovy

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
He's got 1 year left and unless the Devils make the playoffs he's most likely leaving. The Devils are in no position to demand some untouchable piece. If they wait till the deadline they'll be lucky to get a 1st and some good prospects.
Josi only has one year left as well. He’s also going to command much more than 4mil and Nashville maybe better off investing some more money in their forwards when one considers their defensive depth. I actually don’t think the request is totally unreasonable... I probably wouldn’t do it from the Nashville perspective but you shouldn’t make it Seem like the poster is totally off base.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Josi only has one year left as well. He’s also going to command much more than 4mil and Nashville maybe better off investing some more money in their forwards when one considers their defensive depth. I actually don’t think the request is totally unreasonable... I probably wouldn’t do it from the Nashville perspective but you shouldn’t make it Seem like the poster is totally off base.
Top 5-10 D in the league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Top 10 winger

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Honestly I love Taylor Hall, but if we could land Josi for him straight up I might just do it.

Just dont think we could get Nashville to do that

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland

It took Hall quite a while to overcome the shock of being traded but since then he really bought into the team and the concept in New Jersey. We will find out this offseason if the owners have bought into the concept as well or if it's just lipservice. If no lipservice am pretty confident that Hall will resign on teamfriendly terms.

Reactions: HBK27

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
If you seriously don’t think Hischier is a top line player you are out to lunch and don’t know anything about hockey. There’s more to hockey than points believe it or not

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I don’t think Nashville is in the market to win the draft lottery. This doesn’t make sense.
Nashville needs another really good scoring threat.LW opposite Granlund is where I see him slotting in. Hall is the type of player that would make Granlund thrive. If he doesn’t want to re-sign in New Jersey and will sign in Nashville, what would it cost?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I wouldn't trade Hall for Subban

it would have to involve Josi or Ekholm for sure, but then Nashville wouldn't do it

Wouldn't be my first pick, but I think Subban is a more realistic target.

And to be honest, given where the Devils are at, I think I'd rather add a legit first pairing defender for Hall rather than liquidating him for a bunch of lesser parts, maybes, or picks.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
We might just do that, invest more on forwards considering our depth in defense, but because of Fabbro, I think it's gonna be on the expense of Subban or Ellis, not Josi or Ekholm.

Value is there alright, if you ignore that there are zero indicators that Josi would go to FA. If I knew Hall would extend with us and Josi would not, then it would be a no brainer, but since I believe Josi has an extension signed before the beginning of the next season, there's no way I'd do the trade.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
I wouldn't trade Hall for Subban

it would have to involve Josi or Ekholm for sure, but then Nashville wouldn't do it

They won’t do that because the whole premise of them trading a D is to cut cap and place Fabbro in. Fabbro’s an RD so they’d be trading an RD which is why Subban or Ellis make sense for them to trade. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a trade to be had with the Preds. The only way is if Shero doesn’t like Severson and he goes out and trades him for an LD. I’d like to think that Shero thinks that he can place Severson as the #2 as he has been improving while he can place Vatanen and Smith together and goes out and just gets a top 2 LD to pair with Severson.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Odd the website I used earlier had him posted as both a LW and C
Oilers tried him at center a couple times , like a few ten game stretches here and there . Was better as a winger but he kinda became a better playmaker when he went to the devils so you could try it again I guess.

He may have played like a season at center in juniors for his first season or something random as well .

I think that combined with wanting to recreate messier is why they kept trying him at center . Typically at the start of seasons if I remember correctly .

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Nashville needs another really good scoring threat.LW opposite Granlund is where I see him slotting in. Hall is the type of player that would make Granlund thrive. If he doesn’t want to re-sign in New Jersey and will sign in Nashville, what would it cost?

Just consider the baggage Taylor Hall brings. Where he goes, the #1 spot in the draft lottery also goes. If you are not prepared to take on both then you should not consider him.

Reactions: REM17

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
This is just so silly it's almost not even worth pointing out how dumb it is. Almost...

It's really not.

Hall is constantly injured.
Hall isn't going to re-sign in NJ, he wants to win.
Hall only has a year left on his deal.
Hall was traded for a #4 d-man by a terrible GM.

All these factors are taken into account.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hanifin for Hall makes sense for both teams

I wouldn't mind this, but Calgary needs to add quite a bit more.

I would assume that since this is Calgary it would come with a lengthy extension for Hall as well, so the price would have to be Hanifin + 1st + quality prospect. I'd probably ask for more as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad