Value of: Taylor Hall to Nashville

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Ehhhhh that's a pretty bold guarantee. Say the Devs are in a playoff spot come trade deadline. Hall still not signed. Team doesn't move him. Wheels come off and the team misses entirely, or gets pummeled in the opening round.

Hall walks in UFA. And no, I dont consider trading his rights in this scenario as getting something back. Of course, this would be the worst situation for NJ and set the team back pretty far (because they aren't getting much for rights at that point and wouldn't have a high pick).

Realistically, IF Hall doesn't sign this offseason, how do you see this playing out? Because I don't see a realistic win scenario for the Devs if that happens.

Anyway, I now think he's gonna extend this offseason and get a heavy NMC. Basically he will sign for what he's worth this offseason and demand a trade if the team sucks it up. This makes the most sense to me considering he just only played 30 games and another injury this season could seriously hurt his FA value.
IMO the worst situation is the Devils sign him long term and Hall is his usual inconsistent self. IMO an 8 year $11 million deal could go bad rather quickly.

Reactions: Damien Dahrk

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I love Hall, but his injury history scares me. Plus he's gonna ask for a Panarin contract, and he isn't someone who has had any significant injury history.
When his is playing well he is a great player. The problem is he is very inconsistent. A lot of Devils fans talk about him like he is a perennial MVP candidate - he is not. He had an MVP season. He has also admitted to not having the work ethic of other top players in the past. He changed it up prior to his MVP season. Hopefully he sticks with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad