Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall receives 5k fine for sucker punch on Lyubushkin

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
If anyone is wondering about NHL bias against Toronto, have a look at NHL.com. Drasaitl and Matthews both have 49 goals, Drai in 68 games, Matty in 66. Matthews is ahead in goals per game. So, whose picture do you see on the leading scorer’s page? Drasaitl. It’s not alphabetical because other tied players aren’t listed that way. It’s a little thing, but many little things add up. FU NHL.

Reactions: HolyCrap

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I was thinking the same thing myself.

Taylor Hall is a player who so far, has over 56m in career earnings, he probably has 5k floating around in his couch cushions.

What was needed was to apply the NHL policy as it pertains to head shots, when the principle target is the head and the blow causes an injury, which means a suspension of at least one game, his one day paycheque is $26,905. and even then it's still a drop in the bucket. It's not like Hall has a clean record Shanny actually suspended him for a 2 games for a knee/knee on Cal Clutterbuck and then not long after he was let off for a two handed slash of Zeb Michalek.

...and what about the high cross-check on Kerfoot who was not engaged and which was long after the whistle and up into the players neck which also knocked him down(this was after the Kampf goal), not a peep from the on ice officials, Matthews got 2 games for an almost identical play the exception being is that Dahlin was fully engaged.

The gosh golly gee whiz "nobody's perfect" from Dubas at the meetings on Monday claiming how tough the on ice guys had it, and that they were doing their best, I guess went unheeded and ignored and that the Leafs would just see more of the same. McJeebuzz complained about all the missed calls and McJeebuzz started to get the usually ignored slashes and holds calls.

I am absolutely sick of this crap from the league where it concerns our Buds.
Someone posted the rules about head targeting and using the hand, gloved or not, is roughing and not targeting the he's.
Big sinking pile of manure that is.
Is a fight or a face wash, ok, but sticker punching a guy from behind goes beyond roughing

Reactions: therealkoho

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If anyone is wondering about NHL bias against Toronto, have a look at NHL.com. Drasaitl and Matthews both have 49 goals, Drai in 68 games, Matty in 66. Matthews is ahead in goals per game. So, whose picture do you see on the leading scorer’s page? Drasaitl. It’s not alphabetical because other tied players aren’t listed that way. It’s a little thing, but many little things add up. FU NHL.
I think they favor the guy who has more points, no?

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
The real crime in the Bruin game does involve Taylor Hall. He was the guy Dubas passed on at the trading deadline last season. Instead he gave away a number one pick for Foligno. He's playing on the Bruin's FOURTH line. That's the CRIME. Dubas should have been fined making that move.
The real crime was passing on Evander Kane. He ticked all the boxes this team needs.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Man, when I played hockey, or any sport for that matter, Taylor Hall wouldn't have left this game without a broken ear drum and a concussion. An eye for an eye is the only way to maintain accountability. You wanna sucker punch our guy? Be prepared to eat the same lunch you just served. Bunch of beta cucks this team is. This is why we don't stand a chance in the playoffs, and lose to poorly skilled teams like Montreal. At least they stand up for each other.
Yes :)

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
How does punching guys in the face lead to more offense? (Genuine question, because over the past few seasons their failures in the playoffs have come down to not being able to break teams down when it mattered).
Your teammate gets sucker punched and you prefer not to respond in any way or just go to the bench as they did? Look at other teams getting into scrums for their teammates and you will see the difference.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Sucker punch from behind. Leaf injured. League does essentially nothing. Shanahan does not come out in support of his players. Dubas does not come out in support of his players. Keefe does not order Clifford to even up.

The message to Leaf players: you are each on your own. This is not a "team".

The message to Leaf's first round playoff opponent: physically intimidate the Leafs. Finish every check hard. Gang up on any Leaf who pushes back in the least, no one will have his back. Laugh at their bench as you skate by. Total disrespect will win the day against this Leafs team.
Skill and analytics guys pretend not to notice this essential part of hockey. Can’t win a game on excel spreadsheet. So this team is excel paper warriors shunning any physicality.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Your teammate gets sucker punched and you prefer not to respond in any way or just go to the bench as they did? Look at other teams getting into scrums for their teammates and you will see the difference.
I would have loved to see some push back from our players the moment that happened. Probably not a good feeling for a new teammate to get sucker punched and non of your teammates stand up for you after throwing your weight around like crazy since you’ve arrived in Toronto.

Reactions: Stinger8

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
I would have loved to see some push back from our players the moment that happened. Probably not a good feeling for a new teammate to get sucker punched and non of your teammates stand up for you after throwing your weight around like crazy since you’ve arrived in Toronto.
He won’t hit that much now. Same thing happened to Muzzin. Why bother when no one even talked to Hall or looked at him with a hint of aggression)

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This ain't it man.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Having 80 fights is meaningless when you play for a team that tells you not to fight.

They don't tell them not to fight.
They might have against Boston, because of the 4D situation, but I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that they are told not to fight - no one has said anything remotely indicative this season to even imply that this is a thing.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
They don't tell them not to fight.
They might have against Boston, because of the 4D situation, but I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that they are told not to fight - no one has said anything remotely indicative this season to even imply that this is a thing.

Sheldon Keefe has made numerous comments indicating they don't want to fight.

Foligno was flat out told not to fight.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Did he, and was he?

I must have missed it - do you have any links? I'm skeptical.

It was in an episode of the Amazon documentary that followed last season. Foligno was engaging with some punk on the Jets and Keefe told him “I don’t want you fighting that guy.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad