Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall receives 5k fine for sucker punch on Lyubushkin

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
But... but... but... the Matthews suspension is THE turning point! They are going to do better now! Retaliation was the reason he got suspended! You can't just retaliate on a player like that! Leafs are not set to a completely different standard of officiating!

uh huh uh huh

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's all out there for everyone to see. Larkin gets a suspension for the exact same play, Hall gets a fine. Matthews gets 2 games for a cross-check when there are numerous comparables that got nothing. You just have to laugh.

Whether it's Kadri, Spezza, Matthews, somehow the Leafs are always setting a new precedent for harsh suspensions that are swiftly forgotten soon after. I don't know what the team is supposed to do but this keeps happening over and over lol

A punch on an unsuspecting player resulting in injury is a match penalty. How can they justify not giving him at least 1 game, it's literally black and white in the rules!

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Nothing stopping our fans from chanting : "Puck you Parros!" at every call we receive is there?

(And the irony of Parros fining and not suspending a creampuff like Hall, while as a fighter observing "the code" he wouldn't touch guys like Hall...The world is upside down and inside out, y'all.)

Edited to say: The NHL releases next year's calendar/schedule in June, Mr. Douglas. Please mark the first game against Boston accordingly.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's all out there for everyone to see. Larkin gets a suspension for the exact same play, Hall gets a fine. Matthews gets 2 games for a cross-check when there are numerous comparables that got nothing. You just have to laugh.

Whether it's Kadri, Spezza, Matthews, somehow the Leafs are always setting a new precedent for harsh suspensions that are swiftly forgotten soon after. I don't know what the team is supposed to do but this keeps happening over and over lol

A punch on an unsuspecting player resulting in injury is a match penalty. How can they justify not giving him at least 1 game, it's literally black and white in the rules!

If you go to the very back of the NHL rule book there’s a “Jacobs Appendix” where there’s a single page that says “intentionally left blank.”

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Just get Keefe and Dubas to say at their next presser that they want to thank DoPS for setting a precedent, and that every player on our team has been briefed to do that to every opponent from now on - and they will send in the Hall tape prior to each infraction.

The Mitchician

Dec 10, 2009
This is where retalition penalties should occur. Clifford playing last night should of been released by Keefe to go after Hall to throw some . I actually wish we had some tougher guys on our team that could flex but we are who we are and I gotta stand behind it all. We need 1 goon, and we need to pull that goon out in games or for a series to be the 4th ref and even things up to keep the opposition honest/in line. I miss Wendel!

Reactions: Stinger8

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The precedent this sets is brutal. If you are a player just sucker someone in the back of the head and take the 5k fine.... No big deal really

They don't give a f*** about precedence or accountability. That much is clear. It's about the player and the team, first and foremost, and then the perception.

Cassidy defended Halls actions because Lyubs hit was questionable. The irony here is that he would be losing his f***ing marbles if his player was sucker punched from behind and forced to leave the game with a head injury. This is why you have a DoPS and suspensions, to stop players from retaliating and injuring each other every time they are mad. Who gives a f*** about a fine.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I'm completely flabbergasted... thought it would be at least a few games because of the injury...

which is a stupid rule to begin with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad