Player Discussion Taylor Hall - Part 2

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
To add to that; we might be drafting a winger who brings much more to a potential team than Hall (Laine) who can grow with the team.
You understand pre draft hype right, your string of posts regarding Hall show a lack of understanding. Hall could be moved for a marquis dman but only because he is a highly sought after commodity in the NHL. If you think top line LW and arguably top 5 in the NHL are easy to come by you are sadly mistaken. I agree with the assessment that the Oilers desperately need top pairing Dmen, there rest of the rhetoric spewed here is out to lunch.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
If Laine brings "much more" to a team than Hall, he'd be the undisputed 1st overall pick.
Yah no doubt, the grass is always greener for some. There are some nice pieces in the draft but not a single one of them fix what ails the Oilers.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The irony of this thread is that all day I've been wearing a Taylor Hall jersey.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'll say this, Outside of McDavid who is untouchable and probably Draisaitl who is still pretty unproven, Hall is the only guy who probably could get you close to a legit #1 d man.

Eberle wouldn't. Yak wouldn't. RNH wouldn't. Hall is the guy.

But teams don't trade legit #1 d men. People can talk about the RyJo for Jones trade all they want but Jones played very sheltered minutes in Nashville, he wasn't on the top pairing or even the 2nd pairing.. He's not a legit #1 d man. Does he have potential to be one? Sure but he isn't right now. He actually might be over rated a little bit.

But if you want a legit # 1 d man or a guy close to that, a guy like Jones who could become one, Hall is your best bet to trade.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'll say this, Outside of McDavid who is untouchable and probably Draisaitl who is still pretty unproven, Hall is the only guy who probably could get you close to a legit #1 d man.

Eberle wouldn't. Yak wouldn't. RNH wouldn't. Hall is the guy.

But teams don't trade legit #1 d men. People can talk about the RyJo for Jones trade all they want but Jones played very sheltered minutes in Nashville, he wasn't on the top pairing or even the 2nd pairing.. He's not a legit #1 d man. Does he have potential to be one? Sure but he isn't right now. He actually might be over rated a little bit.

But if you want a legit # 1 d man or a guy close to that, a guy like Jones who could become one, Hall is your best bet to trade.
Disagree with all of this…who was Jones supposed to replace on the top pair in Nashville. And RNH/Ebs packaged with a prospect and a pick or two definitely gets you into the conversation with most GM's. There are a few untouchable Dmen out there but there are some that are highly over valued as well. I like OEL and I think he would be great here but I don't trade my franchise for him either.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
1) trade Hall
2) Plug hole in floor by creating hole in roof
3) Desperately cast about for new Taylor Hall
4) Whine about management not finding new Taylor Hall under some rock in Ontario

This organization needs to shows some balls. There are 50+ point wingers available on the market and free agency every year that will have their points inflated to 55-60+ due to mcdavid. There are NEVER #1 Dmen that go to free agency unless they absolutely plan to sign with a certain team like Suter.

If you can get a #1 Dman at the expense of Taylor Hall you do it every day.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
This organization needs to shows some balls. There are 50+ point wingers available on the market and free agency every year that will have their points inflated to 55-60+ due to mcdavid. There are NEVER #1 Dmen that go to free agency unless they absolutely plan to sign with a certain team like Suter.

If you can get a #1 Dman at the expense of Taylor Hall you do it every day.

Agreed on all accounts. Getting McDavid made it that much easier to move Hall. Also, a number #1D will make everyone else on the better, much like McDavid does for his wingers. Hall has more value than Eberle so i'd sooner Hall go for a better D than Eberle for a lesser D. We need a #1D if we are ever going to get anywhere if we can ever get in the playoffs.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
If Chia has to trade Taylor Hall for a #1 D then he's a bad GM. There's a lot of other assets on the team.

MPStoEberletoHall*

If Chia has to trade Taylor Hall for a #1 D then he's a bad GM. There's a lot of other assets on the team.

To get a #1 D man?

Aside from Hall... what can get us a #1 D man that we would be willing to move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad