Former Bruins Taylor Hall II

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If I'm Sweeney I have Clifton coming back - he loves it here, plays bigger than most on our back end and could fill Grzelcyk's spot to save dough..

Not going to let game 6 color all he can do for the club.
More about what price is he coming back at. Unless it's near minimum I'm not sure you can afford to bring him back without sacrificing else where.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
More about what price is he coming back at. Unless it's near minimum I'm not sure you can afford to bring him back without sacrificing else where.
I wonder how other teams see him. They can't count on pts from him, or pk, or pp. He's 28 and not exactly the kind of stable veteran leadership teams pay for.

If he can be had at a reasonable $ think he's worth more to Boston than he would be around the league

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wonder how other teams see him. They can't count on pts from him, or pk, or pp. He's 28 and not exactly the kind of stable veteran leadership teams pay for.

If he can be had at a reasonable $ think he's worth more to Boston than he would be around the league
He is a very tough one for me to value. Was looking like he'd get a pay day during the regular season but may have brought his value down with the playoffs.

I just dont want to pay another 3rd pair guy Forbort numbers, I think thats a spot you try to fill with a guy under 2 mil this season...not sure Clifton comes in that low.

Reactions: TCB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He is a very tough one for me to value. Was looking like he'd get a pay day during the regular season but may have brought his value down with the playoffs.

I just dont want to pay another 3rd pair guy Forbort numbers, I think thats a spot you try to fill with a guy under 2 mil this season...not sure Clifton comes in that low.

Zboril is under 2 mil.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
IDK what DS has in mind for the future roster, but watching these playoffs makes one thing very obvious: physical play at both ends of the ice is a necessity. Teams are beating the heck out of each other and guys are practically tackling players without any calls from the officials. The Bruins have to bring some toughness in and get rid of some weakness.

I don’t think Hall has the ability to play physical and the Bruins have enough guys that simply skate away from contact. If he scored like Pasta, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
IDK what DS has in mind for the future roster, but watching these playoffs makes one thing very obvious: physical play at both ends of the ice is a necessity. Teams are beating the heck out of each other and guys are practically tackling players without any calls from the officials. The Bruins have to bring some toughness in and get rid of some weakness.

I don’t think Hall has the ability to play physical and the Bruins have enough guys that simply skate away from contact. If he scored like Pasta, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
Many of us have been saying this for a long time. Finally some have realized this now. It’s too late now. On to the next wave.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Hall did outscore Pastrnak in the playoffs against a very physical Panthers team. So there’s that. Maybe you find a way to keep them both, preferably on the same line imo.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Hall's not the problem, like I have said before, he loves being in the black and gold, excelled in the playoffs against a physical Panthers team, probably at far from 100% and has sacrificed personal stats by playing on our 3rd line. We need more guys like him, I don't want him going anwhere but Boston.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He's also an under NHL level player.
Id like to see Zboril in the lineup on a more consistent basis. He has the tools, but he's only played 76 career games and that's not many to try to accurately judge an NHL defenseman. I say let him play this year and see what he becomes.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Id like to seem in the lineup on a more consistent basis. He has the tools, but he's only played 76 career games and that's not many to try to accurately judge an NHL defenseman. I say let him play this year and see what he becomes.

He has the tools, but he's never had the toolbox, and at 26-years old, he never will.

If he wasn't already signed at a small cap number I'd be moving on from him. As it stands, they'll need a pile of depth guys next year making peanuts just to ice a full roster. So I guess he gets a job by default.

This has been an 8-year development project that has failed.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Id like to seem in the lineup on a more consistent basis. He has the tools, but he's only played 76 career games and that's not many to try to accurately judge an NHL defenseman. I say let him play this year and see what he becomes.
He's pushing 250 professional games between Boston and Providence. Hope springs eternal but he's got to make the most of his chances, the clocks been ticking.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I wish in discussions like this the name of the player (Zboril) could be repeated so we can see who is being talked about without having to hunt around for past comments.

• Haha
Reactions: TCB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I didn't mean under the median, I meant under the NHL all together.

Guy played 22 games last year - what is that 90k/game?

Move on from Grzelyck and Zboril. Sign Clifton at 1.75 and save roughly 3 mil against the cap.

So they should play Zboril more to get their money's worth.

Would Clifton sign for that?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I wish in discussions like this the name of the player (Zboril) could be repeated so we can see who is being talked about without having to hunt around for past comments.
Id like to see Zboril in the lineup on a more consistent basis. He has the tools, but he's only played 76 career games and that's not many to try to accurately judge an NHL defenseman. I say let him play this year and see what he becomes.
Just for you ;)

Reactions: whitetape

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So they should play Zboril more to get their money's worth.

Would Clifton sign for that?
Dunno, but don't think he'd get much more elsewhere. Before this year's 23 pts he topped out at 10 for a season. Doesn't kill penalties, doesn't factor on the PP. Doesn't ooze reliable veteran leadership.

Weren't Orlov, Bertuzzi and Hathaway physical players?
Hathaway - man when they signed him thought I couldn't like him less. Total ghost for Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad