Speculation: Taylor Hall Benched, New Jersey last in the East - do they need a shake-up?

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
If they want him to stay they better get him some help (ie: signing Panarin to big $$$$). Their owner is going to have to commit to a full cap team, I don't see him staying in a situation where the owner refuses to spend to the cap roof. It's not going to be just about giving Hall money, are they willing to also spend to give him a legit Cup contender.

If NJ misses the playoffs, that's gonna be like 8/9 years out of the playoffs and zero playoff round wins for him and I think he's had about enough of that.
Yeah, Devils have stunk recently, but they were in the playoffs 3 out of the last 9 years, one of them being a trip to the cup final.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
If they don't trade him this year they will next year. No way he resigns with a team not close to competing for a cup.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If they don't trade him this year they will next year. No way he resigns with a team not close to competing for a cup.

The stench of salt is strong in the air tonight, from the tears of pathetic Rags fans who realize that not only is their team irrelevant (as they haven't sniffed a cup in a quarter century), but that they're also incapable of even doing a proper rebuild so it'll likely be another quarter century before their next chance at a cup run.

Reactions: MichaelJ

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
The stench of salt is strong in the air tonight, from the tears of pathetic Rags fans who realize that not only is their team irrelevant (as they haven't sniffed a cup in a quarter century), but that they're also incapable of even doing a proper rebuild so it'll likely be another quarter century before their next chance at a cup run.
Pretty sure the rangers were in the cup finales a few years ago. They also recently won a presidents trophy and are the most profitable hockey team in the league. Facts aren't strong with NJ Mutants.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Pretty sure the rangers were in the cup finales a few years ago. They also recently won a presidents trophy and are the most profitable hockey team in the league. Facts aren't strong with NJ Mutants.

the Devils were in the Cup Finals a few years ago as well

which has nothing to do with the current state of the NHL teams in 2019.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
the Devils were in the Cup Finals a few years ago as well

which has nothing to do with the current state of the NHL teams in 2019.
That was in response to him saying rangers havent sniffed a cup in 25 years. Not to the state of the current team. But thank you for proving not only do NJ mutants hate facts but also reading entire posts.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Worthless troll posts aside - I don't think the Devils move Hall.

To play amateur psychiatrist, Hall took a solid like 14 months to adjust to life in NJ after the trade from Edmonton. I don't think he wants to have to relocate again - he's got a nice life for himself in NJ.

The Devils will happily give him that 8th year at 11M, and I think this'll be settled pretty early in July.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
as for Hall, I still fully believe he will be re-signed in early July 2019

However, if he is not signed by September(ish), then he absolutely must be traded.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
the Devils have 3 more ROW than the Rangers do. And thats WITH getting trash goaltending for most of the season

lets not act like the Rangers are some model for success or have some amazing farm system right now.
Devils were supposed to be a playoff team. Rangers are on YEAR ONE of rebuild. But cool comparison BRAH

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils were supposed to be a playoff team. Rangers are on YEAR ONE of rebuild. But cool comparison BRAH

says who? Most people had the Devils as a bubble team this season. The Devils are also still in the midst of a rebuild.

If you can debate without throwing out little jabs in every post and saying childish things like "BRAH", then great. If not, go away.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Hope Hall does request a trade to Toronto just to watch them further get crushed by the cap :laugh:

- Signed a Leaf fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad