Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm not ready to go full Murph and say Lazar is the more impactful player in the deal, but I do think he's at least got a better shot of making an impact NOW than Bjork did. That's all I care about.

This is a low risk, wildly high upside trade any way you look at it

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
giphy.gif
That is really funny, LMAO.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
PR or not, call me naïve..

I am a SUCKER for hearing a player wants to be in Boston.

Even if it is PR lip service on his end, he’s on record well before this season that he wanted to play for Boston.

When he went on Spittin Chicklets he even said that in 2010 he was hoping Boston would win the draft lottery so they would pick him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
been just kind of rolling my eyes at people who say screw him because he "chose" Buffalo over Boston when Boston clearly didn't have the room to fit him without significant moves. I mean I guess if you think he should have given up literally millions of dollars to come here then sure, but it is what it is.
Well, the story was rumored that the Bruins asked him to wait to let them clear cap space, and he signed before they had a chance.

Not faulting the money decision, but it raised some eyebrows.

Anyways, all water under the bridge at this point.

Reactions: Trizz617

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
PR or not, call me naïve..

I am a SUCKER for hearing a player wants to be in Boston.

Yeah, I'm skeptical of that sort of lip service stuff, but I don't think that is what this is. There were reports that he was hoping to go to Boston instead of Seguin. He was close to signing with the Bruins this Summer, and now he pretty much handcuffed the Sabers and forced them to make a deal with the Bruins, when they could have gotten more. I think the guy really wants to play in/for Boston.

The fact that Hall and Lazar cost so little, there is still room for the Bruins to add a solid D piece. We now have a surplus of LW and a 1st left. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, I'm happy if we don't do anything else, but it's out there if we want it.

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
Hey all wings fab here I'm just coming by to say I think this is a good fit for Taylor and I hope he succeeds here. He's way to good of a player to be playing the way he has so hopefully your locker room and culture kicks him in the butt and he perks up and has a great remainder of the year I'm rooting for him.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I have no interest in the Bruins signing Hall long term, but this is a good move for now because he will want to di well and get paid this summer.

Can someone fill me in on the "Hall turned Boston down" situation?

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Just woke up so late to the party (just like Hall - 10 years too late). Hopefully he wakes up too. Shoulda just signed here in the summer. Guess don the godfather was too early!

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Can someone fill me in on the "Hall turned Boston down" situation?
My view of the timeline, anyone can add or fix anything, I'm sure most of this isn't news for most, but just doing a typed up time line.
It is a solid mix of rumors/reports/hearsay.

Off-season 2020-2021, Hall was a free agent.

Rumors Bruins in on Hall.

Article released that Hall was willing to sign with a contender for less money.

More rumors that Bruins were in on him and it was close.

Speculation (possibly with some verification?), that paraphrasing, Bruins asked Hall if he could wait for them to clear some cap space so they could make it work.

Shortly after, it's announced the Hall is signing with the Buffalo Sabres for 8 Million dollars. Eyebrows fully raised by many, but Buffalo optimistic.

Don Sweeney had done nothing but add Craig Smith on forward.

February to April, Bruins had a strong start, followed by a fairly mediocre run filled with half the roster injured and goal scoring problems. Buffalo had record setting losing streak and Hall scored less goals than 410 players in the league as of mid-March.

Hall 100% being traded, removed from line up to avoid injury.

Rumors that Boston was in on Hall and the offer was Bjork and 2nd. Many thought Hall would get more, but analysts think he wouldn't get a first.

Hall (and Lazar) traded for Bjork and a second.

Edit: That about sums it up.
Additional note: Me eating crow that the Bruins shouldn't get Hall. Definitely hopes it works out for him and us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad