Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yes, I've seen the articles.

Like I said, let's wait to see how it unfolds to anoint this the big win everyone thinks it is.

That said, for the first time this season, we have something to be excited for and should be.

We just have a history of doing this... and falling short, with nothing to show for it. Will Hall be part of the names that have worn the jersey for less than a quarter of a season?

We win, it doesn't matter. But we haven't done that yet. Just looking at this pragmatically.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Pierre-MIchel

Jan 28, 2007
I’ve been as critical of Sweeney as anyone. I don’t think he’s a very good GM and I still feel that way. With that being said, he has done VERY well over the last 12 hours or so, especially considering the price tags. He deserves a lot of credit for that. I’m impressed. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him add another D considering how snake bitten we’ve been on the blue line.
Those trades were made possible because of the way he has managed the cap, really one of his strength.

Reactions: bbfan419

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
been just kind of rolling my eyes at people who say screw him because he "chose" Buffalo over Boston when Boston clearly didn't have the room to fit him without significant moves. I mean I guess if you think he should have given up literally millions of dollars to come here then sure, but it is what it is.
Right, just as with everything else here people who don’t like him generally never will. Did everyone do the same amount of bitching when the bruins acquired Seidenberg? Because it was the exact same thing. Could have signed him as a free agent, didn’t and then spent assets to trade for him. It’s happened before, a second round pick and Anders Bjork isn’t the end of the world

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
"I think, honestly, it's probably all winning,"

"Any player at this stage in their career that has had the career that I've had, 10 seasons, only make the playoffs twice, that's really what I'm after

Signs with the franchise with the longest playoff drought in the NHL.

Hall's free-agency priority 'probably all winning'
I don't think it's totally far-fetched to believe that he looked at the Buffalo roster & truly believed that he could come in and help take them at least become a playoff team. That team has a lot of talent & is a lot better on paper than on ice.

I don't think he saw them as an immediate contender or anything, but maybe he saw them as on the upswing and liked the idea of playing with Eichel.

I also think Boston couldn't really make him a legit offer in the off-season.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Alicat

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Like I said, let's wait to see how it unfolds to anoint this the big win everyone thinks it is.

That said, for the first time this season, we have something to be excited for and should be.

We just have a history of doing this... and falling short, with nothing to show for it. Will Hall be part of the names that have worn the jersey for less than a quarter of a season?

We win, it doesn't matter. But we haven't done that yet. Just looking at this pragmatically.
But, did you see the video from Elliotte Friedman?

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Nash just had absolutely shit luck getting that concussion.

They wanted to bring JoJo back but he chose to go elsewhere for longer term and money.

You weren't making trades the 2 years we missed the playoffs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think it's totally far-fetched to believe that he looked at the Buffalo roster & truly believed that he could come in and help take them at least become a playoff team. That team has a lot of talent & is a lot better on paper than on ice.

I don't think he saw them as an immediate contender or anything, but maybe he saw them as on the upswing and liked the idea of playing with Eichel.

I also think Boston couldn't really make him a legit offer in the off-season.

I think he liked the idea of playing with Eichel, raking up a pile of points, then swindling the Pegula's out of 80 million dollars this summer Jeff Skinner-style.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
But, did you see the video from Elliotte Friedman?
Link? Not sure what you are trying to get at. If he's saying Hall is claiming he wants to be here, then Hall has delivered lip service ever since he became a FA. Don't put a lot of stock in that

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Nash just had absolutely shit luck getting that concussion.

They wanted to bring JoJo back but he chose to go elsewhere for longer term and money.

You weren't making trades the 2 years we missed the playoffs.

I don't disagree with you. Nash was unfortunate, still a net loss. Mojo they wanted back, but he didn't. net loss. Not saying they were bad moves, just not saying they are wins.

If we don't win and Hall walks, was this trade a win? It was another nice attempt.

That said, given the situation, I wouldn't NOT do it. Just might not be the "win" if doesn't amount to much.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
If he plays on Krejci's LW and they need a shooter on the RW, logic says:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Hall-DK-Smith

Athough, Smith has proven to be less of a shooter than advertised. On the other hand, he's been heating up lately, so...

But if that doesn't work for some reason, then why not just switch the centres.

Hall-Bergeron-Smith
Marchand-DK-Pasta

Whatever combination works to get the top 6 putting more pucks in nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad