Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It is the first time waking up the next day after a horrible Bruins loss in this case 8-1 and felt super pumped, hearing the B's got Hall(50% retained $) and Lazar for only Bjork and a 2021 2nd, well made me feel better.

Reactions: NDiesel and Ratty

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
upload_2021-4-12_12-29-30.jpeg

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
My view of the timeline, anyone can add or fix anything, I'm sure most of this isn't news for most, but just doing a typed up time line.
It is a solid mix of rumors/reports/hearsay.

Off-season 2020-2021, Hall was a free agent.

Rumors Bruins in on Hall.

Article released that Hall was willing to sign with a contender for less money.

More rumors that Bruins were in on him and it was close.

Speculation (possibly with some verification?), that paraphrasing, Bruins asked Hall if he could wait for them to clear some cap space so they could make it work.

Shortly after, it's announced the Hall is signing with the Buffalo Sabres for 8 Million dollars. Eyebrows fully raised by many, but Buffalo optimistic.

Don Sweeney had done nothing but add Craig Smith on forward.

February to April, Bruins had a strong start, followed by a fairly mediocre run filled with half the roster injured and goal scoring problems. Buffalo had record setting losing streak and Hall scored less goals than 410 players in the league as of mid-March.

Hall 100% being traded, removed from line up to avoid injury.

Rumors that Boston was in on Hall and the offer was Bjork and 2nd. Many thought Hall would get more, but analysts think he wouldn't get a first.

Hall (and Lazar) traded for Bjork and a second.

Edit: That about sums it up.
Additional note: Me eating crow that the Bruins shouldn't get Hall. Definitely hopes it works out for him and us.

I mean, put me in Halls camp. If I had a job offer that paid 100k in a great company and a second job offer came up saying a 25% bump for just one year. I would jump on that one year for an extra 25k if my interview with the 100k went well and we went on good terms.
Boston could be in a position of strength, I cant see many teams offering Hall more than 2 years on his next contract. If he plays well, maybe Boston could offer him 3 to 4 years at a reduced cost.

3rdMangHigh

Jul 22, 2009
Calgary
Excited for Hall and Lazar!

I feel like the Salary Cap is the game within the game these days and Taylor Hall literally got his cake and now he gets to eat it too. No contender could meets his wants this past summer so he takes the payday with a team that can retain on deadline day and has the NMC to control his destiny.

Bravo to him and his agent.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Watching Sportsnet they have players listed that are in play , two names I see that would interest me are Garland and Forsberg. Would love to swing a deal DeBrusk + for Forsberg.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

it's a good point, but I want Hall to reach his ceiling again, and that includes minutes against first pair

BUT

A line up of

Marchand Bergeron Pasta

Hall Krejci Ritchie

Debrusk Coyle Smith

Lazar Frederic Wags/Kuraly

is very strong and really balances out the match up issue we were having (not sure i have all the wings right so dont nit pick it, my overall point stands)

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I’m excited for Hall to not only play for his favorite childhood team, but be on a team that can contend (when healthy). Hopefully that’s the boost he needs to return to form.

Reactions: Afam and bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know they said they probably start with Hall-Krejci-Smith, but I'd love to see them put Smith back up with Bergy/Marchy. Smith w/ those two was a line that was abusing teams at 5v5. This then gives Krejci Hall and Pastrnak as his wingers, which is probably the best winger duo he's ever had.

Reactions: Bodit9 and kjpm

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Boy, We are going to love this guys speed.....He will also be great killing penalties....

Reactions: Afam

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Take out this year with dog crap Buffalo since winning league MVP

98 GP
27 G
62 A
89 P

Per 82 Games
22 G