Injury Report: Tavares (Torn MCL, Meniscus) ***Out For Season, NO Surgery Needed***

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
11250-4485.gif

lol :handclap:

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
From what I've heard Wanger got a deal on the highest quality rubber bands out there for ligament replacements such as this because he bought in bulk...so I believe you are a little out of line my friend :sarcasm:

haha, hopefully for JT's sake they didn't store the DP leftovers in one of the asbestos rooms at the coli.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
This is great!:yo: Most important is JT's health, Islander or Not, he's a class act and makes the game that much more exciting, you never wanna see a guy like him go down.

To try and shed some light on a disappointing season, imagine if JT got injured and we were sitting in a playoff spot, I'm under the impression we'd all be hysterical! Take it for what it is, he should be able to do some conditioning in the off-season and if the organization can make the right moves between now and October, we'll get to see a new rejuvenated Isles team

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
I'm quite happy he doesn't need surgery. JT is a fantastic player I wish him the best in his recovery.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
The big question!
(I'm sure this was asked, but I haven't had the time to read all the recent posts)

What are the chances JT will be back on the ice this season?

(Yes, he might be ready, but will it be worth it? How many games might he get under his belt when he's better? Half a dozen? Is it worth putting your #1 player out there - when there's no chances of making the playoffs - after returning from an MCL injury? Yes, I know, Its the Isles, so he'll be out there)

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This is great!:yo: Most important is JT's health, Islander or Not, he's a class act and makes the game that much more exciting, you never wanna see a guy like him go down.

To try and shed some light on a disappointing season, imagine if JT got injured and we were sitting in a playoff spot, I'm under the impression we'd all be hysterical! Take it for what it is, he should be able to do some conditioning in the off-season and if the organization can make the right moves between now and October, we'll get to see a new rejuvenated Isles team

If we were 2 pts out of a playoff spot and waffling on what to do with Vanek, this injury would be devastating. I wouldn't want to be Garth in that situation. Actually, I wouldn't want to be Garth period.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Should not affect it all, by June at the latest he can resume his normal routine in the dungeon. Just from reading, the MCL tear was not fully torn (close), the meniscus tear was small enough where a procedure was not needed.

Good to hear, I try not to make judgements on injuries, I don't know what I'm talking about.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.newsday.com/sports/media...veal-more-about-john-tavares-injury-1.7197985

“NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other,” the NBCSN show that has followed NHLers behind the scenes through this winter of outdoor games and Olympic Games, will unveil perhaps its most important episode Thursday: a two-parter focused on the fortnight in Sochi.

Unfortunately for Islanders fans, one key subject of the show will be the season-ending injury to a certain star player with the initials J.T.

“We were there,” executive producer Ross Greenburg said. “Not only there in Sochi when [John] Tavares went down, with interviews before and after, but we capture it on the ice.’’

That only was the start."

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ares-who-does-not-need-knee-surgery-1.7200442

"The Islanders' best player hobbled into Nassau Coliseum Tuesday morning, with one crutch under his left armpit -- he lost the other crutch in Sochi -- and one gold medal in his pocket.

After suffering a season-ending knee injury during Canada's run to Olympic gold, Tavares returned to Long Island still feeling proud -- and ready to go again, despite general manager Garth Snow's words of frustration after Tavares was hurt last week.

Tavares got a small bit of good news: He does not need surgery on his knee, which has a near-complete medial collateral ligament tear but not a serious enough torn meniscus to need surgery.
Despite the injury, Tavares was delighted to have played for his country."

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Okay, now Wang will NEVER, EVER fire Snow. IOC pays JT's salary while he's out. Amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad