Injury Report: Tavares (Torn MCL, Meniscus) ***Out For Season, NO Surgery Needed***

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
I heard he took a puck off his foot in practice and was in a lot of pain yesterday. I hope this is a nothing injury because we're toast without him. Please be ok, please!

The season is over, anyway.

I just wish he were on the ice for canada to gain something from an otherwise wasted season.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hopefully it's like a 2 week kind of injury. JT is a warrior, hopefully he fights through it.

But knowing our GM, IF it's a season ender, he winds up NOT trading Vanek.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Sucked to see him go down. I wanted Benn-Tavares-Bergeron to stay together.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Hats off to Nolan. Boys..THAT IS what GREAT coaching does to a team. Way overmatched, but they were in the game till the end. It could have easily gone the other way too.

Easily? I'll disagree. That was one of the biggest ass kickings I've seen in quite some time. Did Latvia even get the puck over the red in between their first goal and Canada's second? It was too comfort, I'll give you that much. Too bad jt couldn't be part of it. The first goal was his creation.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
****ing typical.

Well that's us in full blown tank mode with us being highly likely a top 2 lotto pick this year. Plus we'll see some guys like Lee get some time with the Isles for games this year.

We weren't going to do anything the rest of this season anyway. My main concern is that I hope it isn't a really serious long term knee injury.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Hopefully it's like a 2 week kind of injury. JT is a warrior, hopefully he fights through it.

But knowing our GM, IF it's a season ender, he winds up NOT trading Vanek.

In reality it's all the more reason to trade him

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
So, our top two centers are injured now. Awesome

I guess this means we get to see a few young guys put into bigger roles.... I just hope our idiot coaching staff understands that they will need some protection, and they dress both Carkner and Boulton.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Just imagine how we'd feel if we were chasing a playoff spot...in this case it was good our team was so inept...

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
@MichaelWillhoft: Re: Tavares injury -- Boulton last seen leaving #Isles practice abruptly, cracking his knuckles and muttering angrily about Latvia.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Why does it have to be Tavares...smh. Tough break here, one of my other non-favourite leaf players (other being Stamkos).

Hope it's nothing serious and just a tweak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad