Injury Report: Tavares (Torn MCL, Meniscus) ***Out For Season, NO Surgery Needed***

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
How so, I admit Snow and Wang don't prioritize winning as evidenced by the money quote. You are reaching at straws due to your PERSONAL hatred of me or my views.

Whoah, hang on there sport. I think about you for the 30 seconds it takes me to read your drivel and the other 30 seconds it takes to call it like it is and respond.. Hatred would be way too of an invested emotion to ever worry about on the likes of someone i've never met...which you should REALLY let sink in and it might lead to some more respectable posts on your part, rather than your hate fueled rants against Wang and Snow.

Plenty of us are frustrated, but we don't let it drive our thought process until it eclipses normal logic. To get mad at a GM because he isn't worried about building a good team as a business, but then get mad at his comments that he IS worried about season ticket holders and money and the business is beyond stupid. It's flat out contradictory. There is plenty of evidence to be frustrated but drumming up the few press reported comments to add fuel to a fire that doesn't need it is an exercise in futility and obsession. Stick to the basics about how you disagree with the team he's built, don't muddy it up with "but...but...he said this wahwah" stuff.

It's the same garbage about getting mad at a player for serving hot dogs. Who gives a crap? What does that even have to do with his injuries, his play, his contract? ZERO! Lastly, unless you were directly affected by a burnt hot dog, it has absolutely no impact on you....

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Plenty of us are frustrated, but we don't let it drive our thought process until it eclipses normal logic. To get mad at a GM because he isn't worried about building a good team as a business, but then get mad at his comments that he IS worried about season ticket holders and money and the business is beyond stupid. It's flat out contradictory. There is plenty of evidence to be frustrated but drumming up the few press reported comments to add fuel to a fire that doesn't need it is an exercise in futility and obsession. Stick to the basics about how you disagree with the team he's built, don't muddy it up with "but...but...he said this wahwah" stuff.

Most people recognize that Snow's remarks strain credulity. Everyone in the league chortled at them. Nobody took him seriously. This includes other GM's, players, agents as well as the press. This just adds to a narrative. In a year where he's going to have to negotiate with credibility, it doesn't help.

If you want to respond with further condescension, recognize that you'll be insulting a majority of the people who read it.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Most people recognize that Snow's remarks strain credulity. Everyone in the league chortled at them. Nobody took him seriously. This includes other GM's, players, agents as well as the press. This just adds to a narrative. In a year where he's going to have to negotiate with credibility, it doesn't help.

If you want to respond with further condescension, recognize that you'll be insulting a majority of the people who read it.

Everyone in the league? Wow, that's a lot of people. Do you have time to list all the sources for that, or are you one of those guys that walks around and says to himself, "I think that, so does everyone else!"

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
@NYIslanders: During his media scrum @91Tavares revealed he will not need surgery and that the expected rehab time for his injury is eight weeks

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
@NYIslanders: During his media scrum @91Tavares revealed he will not need surgery and that the expected rehab time for his injury is eight weeks

This is very good news, it's always concerning when you have to go under the knife. Here's to a speedy recovery!

EDIT: Found this interesting:

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 7m

Tavares had same partial MCL tear in left knee at 16, needed 6 weeks to recover. Familiar with recovery for injury at least.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
@StapeNewsday: Tavares does not need surgery. 8-12 week rehab on torn mcl. #Isles

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
can a torn MCL actually heal 100% without surgery?
Asked my PT that. The answer is yes if it is not a full rupture. Can actually be made stronger in non-athletes. Trained athletes who already have very well developed muscular structure it is not a problem.

Just don't want him thinking about World Championships.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Probably stands a better chance than being repaired by an Islanders quack doctor.

From what I've heard Wanger got a deal on the highest quality rubber bands out there for ligament replacements such as this because he bought in bulk...so I believe you are a little out of line my friend :sarcasm:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
just watched his interview and few things stood out..

1- He had this same injury at 16 in the same knee.

2- The Isles Doctors told him no surgery. GET A 2ND OPINION JOHN!

3-He pretty much gave a big F-U to Snow and said he would always rep his country and believes in it...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well hopefully he stays out of the World Championships(which would start roughly around the early prediction for how soon his injury would heal)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
just watched his interview and few things stood out..

1- He had this same injury at 16 in the same knee.

2- The Isles Doctors told him no surgery. GET A 2ND OPINION JOHN!

3-He pretty much gave a big F-U to Snow and said he would always rep his country and believes in it...

2 - If they use the same doctors the Mets use, I agree 100%.

3 - It didn't seem like a big F-U, just that he would play again and he finds it important since he's an athlete. It's pretty clear from his other answers that he understands the scenario and isn't really too bitter about it.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Probably stands a better chance than being repaired by an Islanders quack doctor.

11250-4485.gif

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm sure Wang used all of his free agency money to get John the best doctor guys. He will be fine, he's not DP. DP is the opposite of Tavares in every way...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad