Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Don't mind the English, just noticed that particular mistake several times.

I just get tired of the negativity from you. We're all in the same boat, I just see no reason to add to the misery. I'm sure Tavares is friends with a lot of guys around the league, not just Petro. Same for Panarin. We all know that STL isn't the most exciting destination. I think most of us knew all along Tavares wasn't likely to come here. I just get tired of the constant negativity, especially when the offseason is just getting started.

Then again, you've been here a lot longer than me so don't let me tell you what to do.

Your username is hilariously appropriate for this situation, btw. The added pun is a bonus. :laugh:

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
Panarin is a coward...he doesn't want to come to a team where he wouldn't be able hide out and escape responsibility for his defensive mistakes.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Panarin is a coward...he doesn't want to come to a team where he wouldn't be able hide out and escape responsibility for his defensive mistakes.
I I think he might be willing to come to St. Louis, because his best friend plays here. Of course this is purely speculation. It will take an arm and a leg to pry him out of Columbus.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

I think we maybe be approaching having to close the thread again. I'm a little disappointed he wouldn't give the Blues a shot (I mean Dallas...wtf?). I'm moving on to hoping DA can pull off a trade for Johnson, O'Reilly, or a surprise top 6 C or W.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Yeah...he's definitely not coming to St. Louis. But where he ultimately does sign could potentially impact the Blues. Having said that, he's going to sign with a team that won't squeeze another asset in play that could benefit St. Louis, because...Blues...so we can automatically scratch Toronto, Boston & Tampa off of the list. Now we've got headlines:

TAVARES HAS NARROWED HIS CHOICE TO DALLAS, SAN JOSE and the ISLANDERS.

Naturally, he'll sign in Dallas...also because "Blues".

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I think we maybe be approaching having to close the thread again. I'm a little disappointed he wouldn't give the Blues a shot (I mean Dallas...wtf?). I'm moving on to hoping DA can pull off a trade for Johnson, O'Reilly, or a surprise top 6 C or W.

1) Dallas is a wonderfully city. Crap hockey team, maybe, but a great city.
2) How reliable is this guy? I know he is a reporter for some big media, but does he ever break any stories?
3) This thread should never shut-down. Tavares will be available again in 7-8 years. We can keep the long vigil going.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
1) Dallas is a wonderfully city. Crap hockey team, maybe, but a great city.
2) How reliable is this guy? I know he is a reporter for some big media, but does he ever break any stories?
3) This thread should never shut-down. Tavares will be available again in 7-8 years. We can keep the long vigil going.

We will never give up. Tavares will sign with St. Louis in 2024/25 right? Dreams never DIE!

To answer your reporter question, I'm not 100% sure how reliable he is but I think it's pretty believable that this is the case as it pertains to Tavares.

I know Dallas is awesome. I wouldn't mind at all if I got a job down in Texas. My wife thinks it's too hot :(

Reactions: The Note in MI

Mar 6, 2012
I mean, I never expected that he would actually sign here, but somehow this entire process has been more depressing than expected.

It just feels like the Blues are in a helpless situation and we're staring down the barrel of years of mediocrity.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I guess everyone has their own opinion of "great city" but I wasn't impressed with Dallas at all.

If you love cowboy boots and hats then sure it'll be the place for you. If you don't... it doesn't have a lot to offer.

Mar 6, 2012
Don't they not have state taxes? That might have a lot to do with it.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
What did he say?
upload_2018-6-27_13-5-16.png

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Don't mind the English, just noticed that particular mistake several times.

I just get tired of the negativity from you. We're all in the same boat, I just see no reason to add to the misery. I'm sure Tavares is friends with a lot of guys around the league, not just Petro. Same for Panarin. We all know that STL isn't the most exciting destination. I think most of us knew all along Tavares wasn't likely to come here. I just get tired of the constant negativity, especially when the offseason is just getting started.

Then again, you've been here a lot longer than me so don't let me tell you what to do.

If you've difficult to read my post I suggest you just add me in your ignorelist and problem is solved. I won't chance my writing just for somebodys don't like it or view it as a negative or positive.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There is a rumour: Maroon's kid play in St. Louis, but its not enough for Army get meeting with Pat :sarcasm:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I've never been a huge fan of JR's, but I can appreciate that he's in a bit of a tough spot. He's not as knowledgeable and/or well connected as a number of his Athletic peers, and that puts him in a bit of an awkward position professionally. There might be some insecurity there, and there's definitely going to be pressure. It's on him to become the "go-to" guy for the Blues to justify his position at the company and to make himself relevant within the community. Attempting to develop into a voice of authority is rarely without its hiccups.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Official motion to close this thread.

It used to make me hopeful, now it just makes me sad.
69 pages of hope. Hope never dies.

I don't understand how it makes sad If it's reality what this team is.

Yes lets turn Back on this and ditch it. Lets not talk about reasons why Blues doesn't interested top players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad