Tavares return to Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
We play the islanders three times this year and all are on back to backs. Poor Johnny

Imagine a playoff round vs them. With Tavares coming in clutch there would be some interesting events for sure

Last edited:

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
If you want some entertainment, I suggest reading the Tavares threat on the NYI board... A lot of irrational posters over there who think that all of their players are obligated to play there for their whole careers...
The chant one?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
tribute will be a gongshow if the Isles board is any indication. to say they've taken this whole thing personally would be an understatement.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
tribute will be a gongshow if the Isles board is any indication. to say they've taken this whole thing personally would be an understatement.

Yes, a psychologist would have a field day with Isles' fan reactions to Tavares' departure. It is almost as if they forgot about the Reserve Clause and all of the reasons unrestricted free agency is a thing.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I live in nyc so hell yea I’m going, and I’m wearing my Tavares leaf jersey. Should be one hell of an atmosphere.

I’ll also add that I’ve been to quite a few isles games and the bark is worse than the bite. Most isles fans (even on these boards) are good folks and despite friendly ribbing, I doubt there’ll be many fights unless drunk Toronto fans start acting like morons.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yes, a psychologist would have a field day with Isles' fan reactions to Tavares' departure. It is almost as if they forgot about the Reserve Clause and all of the reasons unrestricted free agency is a thing.

When Matthews is a UFA at age 26 in 5+ years Leaf Nation might get first hand experience of this situation.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
LOL! My first reaction to the thread title was, for a second" WTF!!!!!!!! He's back with the Islanders?????":help:.. then, I came into sense.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
52403856_10218331906347954_4410593510734954496_n.jpg

Looks like there will be a tribute, btw
It's also Rob Schremp Night.

Reactions: Fixxer

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
LOL! My first reaction to the thread title was, for a second" WTF!!!!!!!! He's back with the Islanders?????":help:.. then, I came into sense.

It's also Rob Schremp Night.

Actually its going to be quite an emotional reunions for a lot of the folks:

Kadri-Komarov
Marner-Martin
Lou-Dubas/Shanny/Babs
Tavares-IslesTeam/and/fanbase

:laugh:

Reactions: slozo and Fixxer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events