Tavares return to Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
I'm genuinely worried for Tavares's wellbeing if the Isles fans on HF are any indication of what they're like as a whole.

It's crazy. What did they want him to say, "I want out?" What sensible pro athlete states that in a contract year? By stating that he wanted to return but also exercising his right to wait until July 1, he did exactly what Panarin is doing. Unbeknownst to the masses of Isles fans -though sensible ones get it- their angst rests on Garth Snow's shoulders. It is pretty simple: Snow rolled the dice and lost. Hindsight is 20/20, but reading between the lines would have enlightened them that there was a chance he was gone.

I am curious what two months of Tavares would have fetched them. I guess we will get a sense if/when Panarin is dealt.

Reactions: Eb

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's crazy. What did they want him to say, "I want out?" What sensible pro athlete states that in a contract year? By stating that he wanted to return but also exercising his right to wait until July 1, he did exactly what Panarin is doing. Unbeknownst to the masses of Isles fans -though sensible ones get it- their angst rests on Garth Snow's shoulders. It is pretty simple: Snow rolled the dice and lost. Hindsight is 20/20, but reading between the lines would have enlightened them that there was a chance he was gone.

I am curious what two months of Tavares would have fetched them. I guess we will get a sense if/when Panarin is dealt.

Sundin left in worse conditions and after a longer, more meaningful career. He got some boos amid a standing ovation on his return. No one threatened him or his family, no one wished him death and divorce. There weren't 10 new Mats Benedict accounts that day.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Probably gonna be more leaf fans there than islander fans.

They have worse attendance than the panthers and coyotes lmao
I'd be shocked...but do expect a large traveling group. Let me know of any stadium brawls ;)

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Tavares Hattrick, lets go!

Pretty Pathetic and Insulting that he won’t get a thank you video with Lamoriello as the GM. One of the few things I didn’t like about the guy.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
GL yall :)

To anyone who does decide to travel, be careful. I don't like it, but it is true. Certain islander fans take the JT thing way too seriously, would hate to see someone get attacked, or their car keyed. It is just a game.

This game means everything to the Isles

Meh, maybe it did at the start of the year when it looked like we would suck. At this point only the really crazy fans care all that much about "getting revenge"

I am more invested in clinching the division, something we can still accomplish if we lose this game. Which, I am kind of expecting, as I would imagine your leafs have a chip on their shoulder after our last encounter. I expect Toronto to come out flying.

The key is to score more than 3 goals, the isles have a hard time scoring more than that.

Peace and love.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
If I'm going to make a trek to watch a hockey game its not going to be to see the Brooklyn Islanders play. It'd be a place like Tampa, Nashville or SJ, especially given its the middle of February in Canada and especially when you consider the terrible seating configuration they have at Barclays.

That said, Brooklyn Islanders fans really need to move on, its at a level of obsession with them.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
If I'm going to make a trek to watch a hockey game its not going to be to see the Brooklyn Islanders play. It'd be a place like Tampa, Nashville or SJ, especially given its the middle of February in Canada and especially when you consider the terrible seating configuration they have at Barclays.

That said, Brooklyn Islanders fans really need to move on, its at a level of obsession with them.
The game is at the Coliseum.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Would be pretty awesome if Tavares' return was advertised and then the building sells out with anti-tavares posters and boards all over the place and Tavares scores a hattrick and ends with a 5 pt night

:laugh:

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Isles fans are clearing selling out that building :sarcasm:

2u0rdc.jpg

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
I think all the criticism of Tavares for leaving is ridiculous, but if I ran promotions for the Isles I would be staging Pyjama Day.

LeafsNation attending the game should show up in Leafs jam-jams and unlit darts, lol.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
If you want some entertainment, I suggest reading the Tavares threat on the NYI board... A lot of irrational posters over there who think that all of their players are obligated to play there for their whole careers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->