Tavares return to Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That's the irony of the whole thing. Iles fans will sellout a game to boo a former player, who they couldn't be bothered to watch when he played for then, all the while complaining that he left...

Just a cesspool Atlantic seaboard fanbase. Kids who get drafted their should feel free to pull an Eric Lindros. Just not worth the purgatory and then the vitriol.

I wonder how much of their fanbase has Steve Webb DNA.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That video is or at least should be rock bottom...but it won't be.

In the now closed mainboard thread, where my damn logic and critical thinking ability was one of the last posts (that ****s always getting me in trouble), I realized two things:

1. Much respect to the many Islanders fans that realize 'it sucked at the time but it was his right to do what he did and move on and I respect his decision'. Disappointment is a frequent occurrence in life and learning how to cope with it is what adults do.

2. The almost equally many Islanders fans that still hold a grudge, its amazing how little work needs to be done to change the context of their quotes from being sad Tavares moved on, to a high school girl being sad her first boyfriend dumped her lame ass.

See the bolded.

"JT, if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!"

"Who the F is 'Toronto'?"

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Just a cesspool Atlantic seaboard fanbase. Kids who get drafted their should feel free to pull an Eric Lindros. Just not worth the purgatory and then the vitriol.

I wonder how much of their fanbase has Steve Webb DNA.
again, did you read what some of OUR fans said to jake gardiner after game 7 last year?
glass houses and all...

Mar 26, 2010
Not looking forward to this game. The Islanders are clearly taking this one personal. JT is going to have to be mentally ready for this.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
To be fair to Toronto, we're not the Atlantic seaboard.
i still dont see the point of ripping an entire fanbase over the vocal minority, we ourselves are up there as some of the worst. players have a few bad games and they are instantly traded here..a backup goalie has a bad game and his social media is all of a sudden filled with horrible personal insults. not many here have the moral authority to call out other fans on proper behavior given the type of stuff i read here after any given loss lol

Reactions: hotpaws

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not looking forward to this game. The Islanders are clearly taking this one personal. JT is going to have to be mentally ready for this.

I hope he hits them with the Auston Matthews Special and scores 4 goals on their pretender asses. Love to see the frown on Lou's face afterwards. A pink slip and an ass whooping.

Mar 26, 2010
I hope he hits them with the Auston Matthews Special and scores 4 goals on their pretender asses. Love to see the frown on Lou's face afterwards. A pink slip and an ass whooping.
I am hoping so as well. JT is going to have the weight of world going into this game. The team needs to win this one for him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Islanders organization is at least classy. They moved the game to Nassau from the dump they play most of their games.

Tavares loves to play in that rink.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
So what are the odds they boo the Canadian anthem despite having multiple Canadian players on their team?

If they do, they will be justifiably savaged in the media the next day.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Dan O'Toole just made a great point on Jay and Dan. The Islanders fans call JT pajama boy, but you cannot see his pajamas...he is under Maple Leafs blankets right up to his neck.

Not the brightest of folks over there.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Honestly I'd take that over the 2 points.
I know how you're feeling but that won't stop it and we need to make a statement game to make them hope they don't meet us in the playoffs. Can't give out charity for their unhinged fanbase. I know most Islander fans don't feel that way and they are generally accepting and moved on from the Tavares era. There team playing good hockey has a lot to do with that, but we need them to feel the pain at least another night.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Isles fans are clearing selling out that building :sarcasm:

2u0rdc.jpg

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it make a sound?

If an Islanders fan makes a boo and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad