Injury Report: Tavares out minimum two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
And the hits just keep on coming

Who moves into Tavares slot? I'd go with Nylander but I doubt Babcock agrees with me
I'd go Nylander as well but we know Babs won't sign up for that lol

Matthews has shown he can produce with pretty much anybody (him and Kap don't work together yet Matthews was still ppg last year) so I'd take Nylander and play him with marner and see if they got some magic together

Johnsson-Matthews-Kap
Moore-Nylander-Marner

Try that for a game or two and see how it goes

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They don't want to move Nylander to centre.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Mikhayev/Moore-Kerfoot-Marner
Mikhayev/Moore-Spezza-Kapanen
Timashov-Shore-Gauthier

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Surprised more aren't blaming the coach for this.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
for $10.893M Marner should be just fine with even the goat as his c. If Nylander isn't moving to C then no reason to split up Matthews and Nylander who have been pretty good so far this season, last few games haven't been great downgrading so far season mark to pretty good

I've been pleasantly surprised with Gauthier's season thus far. There's still quite a difference between his minutes and Kerfoot's. I ideally wouldn't want to split Matthews and Nylander, but Kerfoot and Marner are probably both more playmaker than goal scorer (Kerfoot is an even split thus far here though). I don't see an overwhelming choice for 3C other than Kerfoot. I was agreeing with Trapper about moving Nylander to C.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd go Nylander as well but we know Babs won't sign up for that lol

Matthews has shown he can produce with pretty much anybody (him and Kap don't work together yet Matthews was still ppg last year) so I'd take Nylander and play him with marner and see if they got some magic together

Johnsson-Matthews-Kap
Moore-Nylander-Marner

Try that for a game or two and see how it goes

Moore Nylander Marner
Mikheyev Matthews Kapanen
Johnsson Kerfoot Petan

That's what I'd run as the top 9 with an ultra defense focused 4th line doing a lot of donkey work

I'd also be very tempted to bring Korshkov up as well, the kid looks great for the Marlies

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So you're saying we'll be lucky to go .500 while Tavares is gone.
We have been .500 for the season pretty much, and now we lost one of our elite centre's for at least 2 weeks.
I don't like our chances against Boston in either game. All the other teams are tough as well.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Mikheyev-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Marner
Moore-Spezza-Kapanen

If Spezza ends up sucking at 3C

Johnsson-Matthews-Mikheyev
Moore-Nylander-Marner
Petan-Kerfoot-Kapanen

Status