Tavares considered Bruins 'quite a bit' before signing with Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
No one with half a working brain thinks the (Luckiest Team to Ever make the Playoffs / Soon to be bottom 5) Islanders are a better team than (Cup Favorites) Toronto.

FYP

Agreed, Toronto has much better goaltending, defense, coaching and management!

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Jump ship? The guy took a steal of a deal for the Islanders to help them build a good team around him and they did **** all. They did exactly what Edmonton is doing to McDavid, but somehow JT is a slimeball for getting out. Honestly there really isn't anyone outside of some Islander "fans" who think he's a liar and a bad person who ****ed his team.

You guys are ****ing delusional. Good for him for leaving.
I know I’m biased because I’m a leafs fan, but i can’t help but think aside from all the trolling etc. That fans from every team other than the islanders would think their fans are being petulant children about the whole situation? I mean I like to think objectively if he hadve gone to Boston sure it would suck for Me as a Toronto fan, but I would still think good for him to get out of that shit hole situation he was in. Hindsight is 20/20 on team records, but if islanders fans think they would be a better team without Tavares they’re truly delusional. Trotz and Lou have taken that team to where they are. And good on them. But imagine how much better they’d be with a 47 goal, bonafide first line, elite C in JT.

Also, who cares if he’s a robot? Or had leafs bed sheets lol he grew up in Ontario did you expect him to grow up with islanders sheets?

The salt is unreal

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Literally no one feels that way except for the narrative that the Leafs media spun to make this a bigger thing than it ever was and whatever anger the local Islanders media had. The whole hockey world knew it was either going to be staying with the Isles or the Leafs as his options. You'd almost had to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not even know that part if you were paying attention to that whole hoopla as a hockey fan.

I can assure you, no other teams fan base felt that way nor did the media with him being stolen away from all the teams. Like no Pens fan legitimately thought "We can get Tavares!"
In Pens fans defence, Geno and Sid said they got this and didn’t need him lol.

The whole bitchy debate at this point is nauseating

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Are you not happy you got Tavares?

The answer to that is all you need to know.

I used to get a laugh at how people told us that "The moment Crosby is a UFA he's going to Montreal!!"
And if Pittsburgh was as weak of a team for his entire tenure there as the islanders were for JT, he very well may have gone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And if Pittsburgh was as weak of a team for his entire tenure there as the islanders were for JT, he very well may have gone.
Yeah except they had Barzal and just hired a cup winning coach and had a solid young group around him. Excuses excuses.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
He may have trouble deciding where to sign and last minute his mother & fiancee found this bedtime picture of him and reminded him where he wanted to play as a child and that did it! Of course that would never come out.

You know that mother will always come first before anything! Especially when the wife is also on it.

Don't blame him leaving as he is definitely a family man.

If JT could made his mind up back in January then he would have been in an easier spot with the Isles fans. I think they will eventually get over him. There will be another time Isles will get another elite player, maybe when Belmont finally opens and maybe that special person will be someone from the NY state.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah except they had Barzal and just hired a cup winning coach and had a solid young group around him. Excuses excuses.
I agree it looked like it could turn around, but could anyone see them 2nd in their division? That’s a resounding no

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The guy just put up a 47 goal 88 point season and you think we should be worried about his contract? If anything, he's one of the few NHL players who have lived up to their big contract after signing it.

Well there was 6 Centermen who had a better season that Tavares and 5 of them make much less than he does. Actually 7 had a better season if you count Bergeron who had only 9 fewer points while playing 17 fewer games and being much better defensively.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Well there was 6 Centermen who had a better season that Tavares and 5 of them make much less than he does. Actually 7 had a better season if you count Bergeron who had only 9 fewer points while playing 17 fewer games and being much better defensively.

You might have a point if those other centers who finished ahead in scoring reached UFA status in the middle of their primes, and signed for less than what Tavares did. Contracts in general are going way up, along with the salary cap. If you think Tavares isn't living up to his contract, there's soon to be a lot more players not living up to them (by your standards).
[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
"John Tavares was mean and left our team so now he's a big dumb dumb" *morons hi five each other*

They really need an age minimum here. This school yard mentality is really pathetic.

Reactions: Slyfox

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
no idea what I find funnier, when these stories come out or when people believe them. HE was signing with no one but with the leafs

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
"John Tavares was mean and left our team so now he's a big dumb dumb" *morons hi five each other*

They really need an age minimum here. This school yard mentality is really pathetic.
Wasn't it grown adults who made that Tavares we don't need you video? Don't just assume them to be young kids.

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Again, do you really believe anyone in that division is as good as Boston or Tampa?

2 good teams (not including Toronto) and a bunch of mediocre teams doesn't make a division tougher than one with a bunch of good teams and a couple of mediocre ones.

That's like arguing that Edmonton is a better team than a team that made the playoffs with more depth but no high-end talent because "do you really believe anyone on that team is as good as McDavid and Draisaitl?".

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
2 good teams (not including Toronto) and a bunch of mediocre teams doesn't make a division tougher than one with a bunch of good teams and a couple of mediocre ones.

That's like arguing that Edmonton is a better team than a team that made the playoffs with more depth but no high-end talent because "do you really believe anyone on that team is as good as McDavid and Draisaitl?".
Why do I care about non playoff teams? I care about the ones you actually have to go through. Ottawa and Buffalo sucking has no relevance in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad