Proposal: Tavares + 1st for Karlsson

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Sens should move EK for a boat load of prospects and picks if a team can clear the space to do it. Might as well start the rebuild, cuz this group is going no where.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Thats My Point. Based upon what Ive seen In 50 years of hockey you dont win like that. The game HAS changed, but not that much.

But I do agree he's the best PMD, and it's not particularly close. He's on another level.

He's just not how I'd build my team
Fair enough, i don't see the Nhl the same way right now. If i was building my team he would be the 1st guy i pick on my defense, he is playoff beast on top of it. The Nhl is trending towards speed and moving the puck quickly.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Then Karlsson & Brassard walk next year and we traded all of:

Tavares
Pulock
Leddy
Nelson
CDH
JHS

for

a 2nd round pick.

Fantastic job negotiating on behalf of the Islanders.
well tavares and cdh could leave this season, better get something for them

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
As a Dman, there is 200ft out there, and EK is not great in his own end...everyone knows this, but not everyone can accept it...but without question, the best offensive dman out there...
He's not great, Shea Weber is great in his zone. Karlsson is SOLID in his zone, and that is good enough.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I would take Karlsson
personal preferences are fine, but remember in a capped world EVERYTHING comes at a cost, and if you want to win you cant always shop in beverly hills

for every extravagance on your roster you pay somewhere else. thats why draft picks are so important

Hockey down under

Feb 13, 2017
You interpret it wrong

They take less shots because the time of possession goes down not because Karlsson is a great defender

When Karlsson is on the ice they usually don't have the puck, they're usually chasing Karlsson

Isn't that the best type of defense you can have? The kind where you don't actually have to defend because you always have the puck?

Ottawa without Karlsson isn't a playoff team. With him they got to the conference final.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Isn't that the best type of defense you can have? The kind where you don't actually have to defend because you always have the puck?

Ottawa without Karlsson isn't a playoff team. With him they got to the conference final.

but not because of his defense which is what I was discussing even ottawa fans acknowledged that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad