Proposal: Tavares + 1st for Karlsson

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Tavares resigned + isles/flames 2018 1st (whichever is lower) for Erik Karlsson resigned.

With the emergance of prospects like chabot, white, and brown, the senators D would survive without Karlsson. Tavares would instantly give the senators one of the best center depth in the league along with Matt duchene, Derik Brassard, and JG Pageau. The islanders have one of the best forward groups in the league, and Matthew Barzal looks ready to take the next step to #1C.

Obvously this would never happen but its an interesting thought

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Tavares resigned + isles/flames 2018 1st (whichever is lower) for Erik Karlsson resigned.

With the emergance of prospects like chabot, white, and brown, the senators D would survive without Karlsson. Tavares would instantly give the senators one of the best center depth in the league along with Matt duchene, Derik Brassard, and JG Pageau. The islanders have one of the best forward groups in the league, and Matthew Barzal looks ready to take the next step to #1C.

No thanks. Would rather wait out the Belmont decision.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

I fail to see how White and Brown would help in that regard.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
One game and Chabot is suddenly at the level of Karlsson, or at least a suitable replacement!

MAGIC!
imagesG4ESGRC0.jpg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
LOL

Karlsson >> Tavares and JT is one of my favourite players

A few days ago I read some of Karlsson's comments

He says he has a transplanted tendon in his foot, that half of his ankle bone was removed.
Clearly he is struggling to get back to the level he is used to producing at.At the same tine, he publicly says he expects a huge ufa payday, regardless of which team gives it to him.

I want no part of a Tavares/Karlsson trade.Yeah, there is a risk the Belmont news goes badly for the nyi and they have to move Tavares for futures. But, imo Karlsson and that repaired foot are question marks. Especially at $10m- $12m per

Reactions: BLONG7

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Can this be locked up purely based on Karlsson can't sign before July 1st meaning NYI won't have JT's rights by the time you can sign and trade Karlsson

Reactions: LordNeverLose

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Last edited:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I think Karlsson is worth more, and a mid/late 1st doesn't make up the difference.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Reasons why this doesn't work:

1. Karlsson has an extra year at 6.5M while Tavares will be making in the 9-10 range in that year.

2. Karlsson plays nearly 30 minutes a game when healthy, while Tavares plays around 22.

3. Sens can't afford to lose Karlsson, while they do have depth at C. (Brown, White, Chlapik coming up and Duchene, Brassard, Pageau, Thompson, Smith who can all play C)

4. Karlsson is the best defensemen in the world when healthy, you never trade that away for Tavares. Tavares is a great player, but Karlsson is on another level.

5. A 1rst rounder doesn't do anything for Ottawa, the added piece would need to be impactful.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Even if Barzal were a legit #1C, losing Tavares returns the Islanders to the same ineffective one-line offense they’ve had for years.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Ridiculous while I agree a true #1 D is equal to a #1 C there's this thing called defense that Karlsson doesn't bother with.
His version of defense is called keep away or alternatively offense is your best defense

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Ridiculous while I agree a true #1 D is equal to a #1 C there's this thing called defense that Karlsson doesn't bother with.
His version of defense is called keep away or alternatively offense is your best defense
This is what about half of the GM's would say also...........amazing offensive Dman, but on his side of the centre line, some nights the guy looks like he belongs in the AHL...brutal in his own end...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad