Tatar

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
there are some real paper tigers in the metropolitan division this year. If Tatar gels with Hughes or Hischer I think he's going to have a nice season offensively. The only two teams in that division that play strong defensive games are the New York Islanders and Carolina Hurricanes.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
The 30-year-old forward said the opportunity to play in New Jersey with centers Nico Hischier, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, and Jack Hughes, the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, helped make up his mind on where to sign.
"To have a duo like that in the organization, that's just showing you the future is very bright," Tatar said. "They're both extremely talented, smart players, very skilled. That's something I'm really looking forward to. I've played with centers like Pavel Datsyuk or Henrik Zetterberg, or Phil [Danault] for that matter, and I really enjoyed it. To have these two there, it's going to be special for sure."

Tatar signs two-year, $9 million contract with Devils

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
there are some real paper tigers in the metropolitan division this year. If Tatar gels with Hughes or Hischer I think he's going to have a nice season offensively. The only two teams in that division that play strong defensive games are the New York Islanders and Carolina Hurricanes.

I don't think Carolina plays a very good defensive game, to be honest. They have personnel who play well defensively, but the system isn't very good.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
The 30-year-old forward said the opportunity to play in New Jersey with centers Nico Hischier, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, and Jack Hughes, the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, helped make up his mind on where to sign.
"To have a duo like that in the organization, that's just showing you the future is very bright," Tatar said. "They're both extremely talented, smart players, very skilled. That's something I'm really looking forward to. I've played with centers like Pavel Datsyuk or Henrik Zetterberg, or Phil [Danault] for that matter, and I really enjoyed it. To have these two there, it's going to be special for sure."

Tatar signs two-year, $9 million contract with Devils
Hope Tatar has a great year and I know what he's saying, but one of those three guys isn't the same as the others lol. I do think Hughes is do for a breakout year and I could see Tatar having a bounce back season riding shotgun with him.

Reactions: heyfolks

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I don't think Carolina plays a very good defensive game, to be honest. They have personnel who play well defensively, but the system isn't very good.

With their "improvements" to goaltending and defense that is a team that probably doesn't do as well defensively as last season.

Reactions: Gniwder

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Tatar is basically Vanek 2.0 at this point. He's a good regular season player and wont cause any waves. But his reputation around the league for providing nothing in the playoffs is well cemented at this point and wont get a big dollar deal or deadline return someone that puts up his number would otherwise.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar is basically Vanek 2.0 at this point. He's a good regular season player and wont cause any waves. But his reputation around the league for providing nothing in the playoffs is well cemented at this point and wont get a big dollar deal or deadline return someone that puts up his number would otherwise.

I think Tatar is nothing like Vanek.

Pretty much Vanek was great playoff player, in better teams. He just was stucked on those teams that rarely hit the playoffs.

He was like Tomas Holmström, a better version.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

It seems to be a killer division. Columbus is the only one who is gonna suck there. But Rangers are trending up heavily as well as Devils (adding Hamilton, Tatar, Graves, Bernier, development from young centers). Philadelphia rebuilded the defence, and I think they are strong again.

Could be crazy but it's not out of possibility than with some bad luck hitting on their team, bot Washington and Pittsburgh could drop out in a tight race:

1. Philadelphia
2. Carolina
3. NY Islanders
4. NY Rangers
5. New Jersey
------------------
6. Washington
7. Pittsburgh
8. Columbus

but that point-range could be like 10 points from Philly to Pittsburgh. Anything can happen. Injuries and luck will be a major factor in negative way and team depth in a positive way.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It seems to be a killer division. Columbus is the only one who is gonna suck there. But Rangers are trending up heavily as well as Devils (adding Hamilton, Tatar, Graves, Bernier, development from young centers). Philadelphia rebuilded the defence, and I think they are strong again.

Could be crazy but it's not out of possibility than with some bad luck hitting on their team, bot Washington and Pittsburgh could drop out in a tight race:

1. Philadelphia
2. Carolina
3. NY Islanders
4. NY Rangers
5. New Jersey
------------------
6. Washington
7. Pittsburgh
8. Columbus

but that point-range could be like 10 points from Philly to Pittsburgh. Anything can happen. Injuries and luck will be a major factor in negative way and team depth in a positive way.

With Ristolainen AND Yandle in Philly there is no way they finish at the top of that division. I have them it like this:

Washington
NY Islanders
Pittsburgh
Carolina
____
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
New Jersey
Columbus

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I think Tatar is nothing like Vanek.

Pretty much Vanek was great playoff player, in better teams. He just was stucked on those teams that rarely hit the playoffs.

He was like Tomas Holmström, a better version.
No he wasn't he sucked ass in the playoffs which is why he we was never worth anything at the deadline and was signed to bad teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad