Tatar so far

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
For the record, the mindset I referenced in the previous post is part of the reason I was happy we didn't get Erik Karlsson.

It's also the reason I hope we don't make a strong push for EK in this offseason.

I'm a little nervous over how the team dynamic will work once the season is over (after hoisting the cup or otherwise.) Once this team is just a team, and not the best group of rejects in the history of hockey, I'm nervous as to how this all comes together again.

I'm not worried in the slightest about the teambuilding side. Early on my concern with McPhee was the Caps teams he built with speed and skill, but who were poorly stacked for playoff contention. Looking at our blueline there was no way you could have told me they'd play the way they have. But they have. And we will add Branstrom to the group next year, of that I am very confident right now. We have a great GM I think, and our coach is outstanding. We're in very, very good hands and again I just feel like this org was built right to the extent that they were born under a star. Just crazy.

Anyway re: Tatar it is possible he gives us strong contributions at some point in these playoffs. Having a vet like him held in reserve is a very powerful option for injury or what have you, where the possibility is he'll get his chance and actually upgrade the roster and give them a boost. So even though in hindsight the move is meh, there's still room for it to pay off at least a little bit.

Cup is what's important right now. This team really does have a shot if they keep doing what they have all year long.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
In an interview with a Slovak sport media, this what Tatar had to say among other things. (loose translation)

What do you think about your situation, the fact that out of the 15 playoffs games, you've played in only six?
"
It's not easy, but I have to deal with it. Coach Gallant has told me to not take it in a bad way. He has guys over here, with which he has worked with since the beginning of the season and I have only joined at the end of the trade period. Coach has told me that the guys are playing together for a long time and they have chemistry in the lines. Whenever something happens, I'm a 'secret joker' (Slovak phrase of the go-to guy). I try to stay positive and help make a positive atmosphere for the teammates so they give it their best performance. I haven't been such a big fan for a long time as I am now, I cheer however possible. I do it all, so the team wins with or without me. If the team is winning, the lineups are correct."

Last edited:

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Tatar has been a bust to say the least. Gave a lot of picks up for him too. Hopefully we can get something in the off-season for him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How is it with Stanley Cup "engraved names" rule? When he sits all finals, will he still qualify?

Yes. Even if he doesn't play a game in the finals the team can choose to have his or any other playoff eligible roster name on it, and since he's under contract for next season I imagine they would.

Hunt & Lindberg also get engraved by default because of the 41 games played rule.

The only thing though is the total members of staff/players cannot exceed 52, so considering the many circumstances surrounding this season the Knights may elect to reduce the number of player names inscribed on the Stanley Cup

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Yes. Even if he doesn't play a game in the finals the team can choose to have his or any other playoff eligible roster name on it, and since he's under contract for next season I imagine they would.

Leipsic, Hunt, Lindberg also get engraved by default because of the 41 games played rule.

The only thing though is the total members of staff/players cannot exceed 52, so considering the many circumstances surrounding this season the Knights may elect to reduce the number of player names inscribed on the Stanley Cup
Really Leipsic qualifies?? Not that I’m complaining I just find it strange that not being in the organisation any longer doesn’t disqualify you.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Tatar has been a bust to say the least. Gave a lot of picks up for him too. Hopefully we can get something in the off-season for him.
Tatar jumped into a crap situation. He came from a different system into a team that’s been playing balls out all season. It’s going to take a while to get up to speed. I fully expect him to play amazing Knights hockey next season.

How is it with Stanley Cup "engraved names" rule? When he sits all finals, will he still qualify?
In the event the Knights win, I think Reaves took his spot on the cup with the GWG in Winnipeg and last night’s goal.
Really Leipsic qualifies?? Not that I’m complaining I just find it strange that not being in the organisation any longer doesn’t disqualify you.
There’s like zero chance Leipsic winds up on the cup if the Knights should win it.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Tatar jumped into a crap situation. He came from a different system into a team that’s been playing balls out all season. It’s going to take a while to get up to speed. I fully expect him to play amazing Knights hockey next season.

In the event the Knights win, I think Reaves took his spot on the cup with the GWG in Winnipeg and last night’s goal.

There’s like zero chance Leipsic winds up on the cup if the Knights should win it.
Yeah, I doubt there is a single case of a player getting on the cup when he wasn't within the organization through the playoffs. That makes no sense.

I figure Vegas has 26 players that would get on the cup, as of now...
Marchessault
Karlsson
Smith
Tuch
Haula
Neal
Perron
Eakin
Carpenter
Nosek
Bellemare
Reaves
Carrier
Lindberg
Tatar
Schmidt
McNabb
Theodore
Engelland
Miller
Sbisa
Merrill
Hunt
Fleury
Subban
Lagace

Those guys seem like they have all made significant enough contributions over the course of the season and payoffs. That leaves room for 26 staff members..I don't know for sure, but I figure that's probably enough.
I guess other possibilities would be Hyka, Matteau, Dansk, Garrison, Pirri. But it doesn't look like any of those guys will get any playoff games.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

A crap situation is not accurate at all. He has been given opportunities to contribute, he just hasn't. He doesn't have good enough finish to consistently put up points numbers that would justify his contract. We can make excuses for him but he just doesn't really work here and a change would probably be best for all parties.

Races is on there simply by playing yesterday's game. Hopefully we have enough room to put guys like Hyka and Dansk on there too.

Agree that there's no way Leipsic gets on there, unfortunately for him because we kind of gave him away for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad