Rumor: Tatar and Petry will not be shopped

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I support this decision. If they shop them then they’ll have to call up young players who are not ready yet. Especially Petry is not replaceable. Habs should even try to re-sign him for 2 more years. He’ll probably be looking for 4 years.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Was this really an actual thing? I've seen both their names out there, but just figured it was wannabe insiders pushing their tank job agenda on people.

The way I see it is MB is never gonna commit to any type of sell off(outside of UFA's) while Price and Weber are on the team.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Who the hell will replace him? Josh Brook who loos awful in the AHL? Cale Fleury who still has lots to work on? Noah Juulsen who is always injured?

Go after a guy like Vatanen than Petry.

You can’t have around 25M tied on 3 declining players on multi year deals.
You’ll never get anywhere

Reactions: Gravity

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
?what, Tatar and Petry easily brings back a 1st pick + prospect each even if UFA
Not likely.

If only Kreider is expected to draw a 1st this trade deadline due to his unique size and speed combination I cannot see those two getting a 1st and prospect as UFAs.

This seems to be a GM wording it carefully- he is not 'shopping' them but I imagine he is listening to offers.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So we're really going to try to make next year our make or break year huh? A team that hasn't won a playoff round in 5 years is going to put all its hopes on next year.

We'll have potentially 7 youngsters in our lineup that'll be 21 or younger with: Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Poehling/Caufield/Romanov/Fleury/Primeau most likely all in our lineup but what could possibly go wrong? :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No jokes or jabs, but if the Habs are truly pushing for the playoffs...are they keeping Kovi as well? He's beem great since he got there.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Was this really an actual thing? I've seen both their names out there, but just figured it was wannabe insiders pushing their tank job agenda on people.

The way I see it is MB is never gonna commit to any type of sell off(outside of UFA's) while Price and Weber are on the team.

I get keeping Petry, but I'd sell tatar at highest point.

Reactions: inxs

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Even if the Habs are out of the playoffs I can't see them trading Petry unless it is a fantastic return. He is needed next year and will get traded only if they are out of the playoffs again next year. Plus he has a NMC. Tatar on the other hand is more expendable. The team has a lot more depth at LW.

Reactions: Archijerej

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Not likely.

If only Kreider is expected to draw a 1st this trade deadline due to his unique size and speed combination I cannot see those two getting a 1st and prospect as UFAs.

This seems to be a GM wording it carefully- he is not 'shopping' them but I imagine he is listening to offers.

Freidman. There is a thread about it with a link in the 1st post. Actually, a good listen.
Friedman was talking about UFA/rentals. Neither one of those two is a rental.

Reactions: domiwroze

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Even if they do get traded, what does Montreal have to replace these 2? It will leave bigger holes for BargainBin to patch. Montreal has one or possibly the worst LD depth in the league.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
There's probably a negligible difference in value between selling them this deadline or next deadline. Virtually no difference between now and the draft

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
this shouldn't come as a surprise. both still have a year left on their contracts.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
lol, keep telling yourself that.
A top 4 D isn't worth a 1st.
Tatar was traded to Vegas for a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and he has surpassed his production from that time, twice already but won't return a first.
Sure thing buddy.

Petry isnt a top 4 D he is a top pairing D.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
We should shop Max Domi.

He's the odd man out when you really think about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad