Rumor: Tatar and Petry will not be shopped

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Awful asset management with Tatar, but I think keeping Petry is a good decision.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
lol, keep telling yourself that.
A top 4 D isn't worth a 1st.
Tatar was traded to Vegas for a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and he has surpassed his production from that time, twice already but won't return a first.
Sure thing buddy.

That trade was lambasted at the time. Vegas waaaaay overpaid in panic for their Karlsson deadline day acquisition falling through. It isn't a good comparable. Not to say he wouldn't fetch a first now though.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Huh? You do understand that top 4 means he plays top 4 on a team not top 4 overall in NHL defensemen.

So to you someone being a top 4 D means they play in the top 4 of a team?? So you would consider Kulak as a top 4 D? Demelo plays beside Chabot is he a top pairing D? Petry is a top pairing D no matter where he plays. Calling someone a top 4 D or a top pairing D is based on their skill and play not where they play. As to answer your question I'm not sure you understand what top 4 D means. Imagine for some reason we had seth jones in montreal. Petry would be playing bottom pairing minutes. Would that mean he isnt a top 4 D?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
So to you someone being a top 4 D means they play in the top 4 of a team?? So you would consider Kulak as a top 4 D? Demelo plays beside Chabot is he a top pairing D? Petry is a top pairing D no matter where he plays. Calling someone a top 4 D or a top pairing D is based on their skill and play not where they play. As to answer your question I'm not sure you understand what top 4 D means. Imagine for some reason we had seth jones in montreal. Petry would be playing bottom pairing minutes. Would that mean he isnt a top 4 D?
Seriously?! You need help differentiating between legit top 4 and plugs-ins?
No interest in arguing semantics with you, I'm here to talk about Petry's value not his designation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad