Rumor: Tatar and Petry will not be shopped

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Well yeah if they keep playing like they are right now then it wouldn't surprise me if they snuck into a wildcard spot, so why not hold on and see

Reactions: Morrison

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
It's not like we haven't heard Berg say a player isn't being shopped before. He may well have gauged the market and decided that the offers weren't good enough to part with core guys.

Without Shea they're even more thin on D. Brook isn't ready for the NHL yet. Juulsen hasn't resumed playing. Fleury is a tweener at the moment. They had to move Mete to the right side tonight because of injuries and illness. They need to dress an NHL defense, and Petry is a very good fit. I'm hoping to see something like the following next year:

Romanov-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Mete-Fleury
X

The club has 11, ELEVEN, picks this year. If Romanov doesn't come over, I'd consider a hockey deal where Tatar is moved for a top 4 defender. Until then, I have no problem keeping him part of one of the more complete lines in the league.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This is the same so called insider, who said today Drouin would not play vs the Leafs tonight..............and he did.

Total media monkey....perfect match for a clown GM, Bargain Bin...

Well, no, Lavoie has proven for years that he's legit.

And he said last night, not today, that it "looks like Jonathan Drouin won't play tomorrow". This morning he said there's a possibility he would play.

Hardly anything to get worked up about.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Lavoie kinda sucks, even when it comes to the habs.

About 3-5 years ago he had ties to the organization, but the past year, or two his info is late, or wrong it seems

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
So rather than potentially get 1 and roster players, get 2nd rounder next year. great asset management!!!

Reactions: Gravity

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No way should they re-sign Petry.

Price/Weber/Petry n their expensive past their prime contracts won't be fun.
Who the hell will replace him? Josh Brook who loos awful in the AHL? Cale Fleury who still has lots to work on? Noah Juulsen who is always injured?

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
We just need to play the leafs every game between now and the playoffs and we will make it easily!

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'm glad we're keeping Tatar <3 Petry should be traded for a first.

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->