Sponsor
May 30, 2013
have been totally out of the loop on prospects

didn't he have a great year?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Left side going to be crazy competitive in camp.

Skjei
Staal
Smith
Hajek
Lindgren
Rykov
Reunanen
Crawley

They gonna bring back Gilmour or O'Gara? Certainly not both.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wonder if he'll get loaned back to Liiga

The amount of D men in Hartford is going to be a bit crazy

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If he doesn't win a spot with NYR he should be loaned back to Lukko or another team in Liiga or SHL to continue getting 1st pair minutes.

To me, it depends on how many kids they keep up with the big club. If it's 2 LD kids up there, I'd just as soon keep him in Hartford. He'll get 2nd pairing minutes and begin the NA assimilation. If they're only keeping 1 up with the big club, I agree with him going to Europe.

Reactions: Blueblood9

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Left side going to be crazy competitive in camp.

Skjei
Staal
Smith
Hajek
Lindgren
Rykov
Reunanen
Crawley

They gonna bring back Gilmour or O'Gara? Certainly not both.

They might not bring back either. thats 8 players for 6 NHL/AHL spots on the left side. no room for G&G unless is ECHL depth.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Maybe they’ll ice an actual team this season then.

its been part of the double-edge sword of our draft strategy in recent years. we draft heavy in college and Europe. The result is, we don't have a lot of 20/21 year olds who are coming our of Jrs who need a place to stay for another year or two before going onto the NHL.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Options are good, and this is another prospect locked up and in the system.

I like that there's no rush with these kids, and we don't have to place undue expectations on these second and third wave players.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Decisions on the left side are coming soon. Smith being buried would take a spot in Hartford away from a kid. He almost needs to be traded at 50% or bought out just due to sheer volume.

I think someone would take him at ~2M for the next two seasons, especially for a team that doesn't have a veteran like we do. Staal will be here for the duration of his deal.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I hope and pray this means JD is planning on revamping Hartford. We have officially entered the part of the rebuild where we need a farm team where our kids can stay down there for a while -- grow together, compete together and then come up to the big team already bonded. If Hartford doesn't become a solid place to develop these guys, the rebuild is going to stall out big time. I would love to see a situation where there are 4-5 defensemen down in hartford who have NHL potential. And a group of forward prospects headlined by one of Andersson, Kravtsov or Howden. (I could see at least one of these kids needing some time down there this season). Just sayin' we need grow our new core in Hartford as well as with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad