Confirmed with Link: Tarmo Reunanen signs his entry level contract

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I hope and pray this means JD is planning on revamping Hartford. We have officially entered the part of the rebuild where we need a farm team where our kids can stay down there for a while -- grow together, compete together and then come up to the big team already bonded. If Hartford doesn't become a solid place to develop these guys, the rebuild is going to stall out big time. I would love to see a situation where there are 4-5 defensemen down in hartford who have NHL potential. And a group of forward prospects headlined by one of Andersson, Kravtsov or Howden. (I could see at least one of these kids needing some time down there this season). Just sayin' we need grow our new core in Hartford as well as with the big club.

Most def, would be nice to have a coach for that team too...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Holy LD camp battle

Gonna dunp Smith for sure . Claesson I still think is a great depth guy to push kids

A Fin to hang w Kakko ?

Last edited:

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Left side going to be crazy competitive in camp.
Skjei - Staal - Smith
Hajek - Lindgren - Crawley
Rykov - Reunanen

AND Day

ALSO Left side going to be crazy competitive in PROSPECT camp.
Rykov - Reunanen
Gross - Ragnarsson
Miller - Sjalin
Kjellberg
+ '19 draftees,
+try-outs or a signed UD(or rights expired)FA
guys like maybe UMD's Wolff or June 1st UFAs like Lauzon (51OA'17) or Wolford(68OA'17)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Don't tell Beacon. This guy's a beer leaguer.

Really though--he had a terrific season last year and I've brought up signing him before because our time limit for him was up early next summer--so I'm glad to have him on board. I think he has a very good chance of being a good NHL defenseman. Better him than Virta for sure who had a so so year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
To me, it depends on how many kids they keep up with the big club. If it's 2 LD kids up there, I'd just as soon keep him in Hartford. He'll get 2nd pairing minutes and begin the NA assimilation. If they're only keeping 1 up with the big club, I agree with him going to Europe.

Even with two LD prospects up with the Rangers (which really means that Skjei is moved) there will be a shortage of ice time for someone deserving it in the AHL. The easiest solution is that Tarmo plays another year overseas - shouldn't staal (pun) his development if he gets another year of top line minutes there.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Welcome Tarmo! Hopefully he impresses in camp even if they loan him back after that.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The move comes little more than two weeks before it is expected the Rangers will select Finnish star forward Kaapo Kakko with the No. 2 pick overall in the NHL draft in Vancouver, so it’s possible the signing may have something to do with bringing in a player Kakko is familiar with to help him feel more comfortable joining the Rangers for training camp in the fall.

Rangers sign Finnish defenseman Reunanen

The people who cover this team are sometimes out to lunch.

willy-wonka-scarcasm-oh-really-meme.jpg

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The first time I met Reunanen, was also the day I first met Kaapo Kakko. They know each other but I never believe a team signs a player for that treason. It's laughable. And it's Newsday :laugh:
That's what I mean... Like JD and Gorts an co are sitting around a boardroom table going "OMG... we need someone Finnish if we are getting Kakko!!!" then they all start throwing papers around the room panicking like monkeys. Then someone says "WAIT!!! I've got it!!!! Sign Tarmo." He smileys a sheepish grin and everyone exhales. Crisis averted. Whew.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean the White Sox were desperate for Harper and Machado and then coincidentally signed Machado's brother-in-law as well as his really close friend. It does happen. The NBA, all those guys go where their friends are so it's a strategy there, too. That's all UFA stuff, though.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if a team was about to draft a star prospect and brought in a guy or two to help the transition. I don't think Kakko needs that, and I don't believe Reunanen was signed for any reason other than he earned a deal.

The concept is still plausible, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad