Tarasenko Is Taking Over

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If he does it for more than 10 games I will because his wrist shot is something else, but you failed to realize my point like most of you do.

I'm not sure what drum you are beating here. Your posts are starting to get increasingly condescending.

Tarasenko is the bright star of the league this past week, and we're enjoying it. Hull is a HOF player and comparisons need to bear that in mind, but its not written anywhere that Tarasenko can't go on to have a HOF career. We'll see.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
No point in addressing my points, just keep hyping him up!

Your "points" are nothing more than extrapolating a couple of posters opinions and attributing it to the entire fanbase when anyone brings up something positive about Tarasenko.

The post I quoted here is a great example. You claim people here are "hyping him up". Saying Tarasenko is potentially a 35-40 goal scorer and our best goal scorer since Hull isn't hype. It's a reality that you seem to have a problem accepting for some reason but the vast majority of the other fans would disagree with you here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
tumblr_mtdtpzsIf01shxe70o1_500.gif

Tarasenko is ok for now. Like to see him dump the puck and trap more. If he keeps scoring, he'll just be too expensive to sign. Also, studies show that having a young "star" player breeds envy and jealously in the locker room. That can lead to anxiety which can lead to depression. Depression can lead to heart disease and then death.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal

Good lord, his release is unreal! He has filthy hands also!

I've been loving the guy since his draft year.

Not even a Blues fan, but loving that kid anyway! Also love the commentator. RDS/TVA are boring and barely get hyped after a goal. I love english commentators as they mostly get crazy over nice goals while the french one in Montreal just go "Nice hands."

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I'll repeat my statement from earlier this year: This will be Tarasenko's team in the very near future, if it isn't already.

hey guys, leafs fan but ended up with Tarasenko in my keeper league...second round pick :)

i knew he had potential, and i'm actually a big russian hockey (style) fan but what is this kids upside? seriously he's tearing it up right now

i always shyed away from St louis in fantasy because of your depth but is he just that much better? i mean is he a great player amongst really good players?

what do you think his sealing is?

as you can tell im excited to have him and enjoying the ride

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He definitely has 40-40 ceiling, and should be a minimum 30-30 year in and year out. You can just tell he has the "it" factor. You won't regret having him on your team.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
He definitely has 40-40 ceiling, and should be a minimum 30-30 year in and year out. You can just tell he has the "it" factor. You won't regret having him on your team.

the one thing i noticed last year was that his analytics were great, above average for the blues. so a complete player on a complete team.

He's surpassed Kopitar on my keeper list now but not sure if this is just a hot start or sign of things to come

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
To me he's different than Hull, Hull's shot may be the best ever. Vlad's shot is great but Hull's was unreal. He is however, much more of a threat one on one than Hull was. To me he reminds me of Bure, who could beat you anyway possible, either with his shot, hands or speed.

On a side note, I was at Game 6 of the Van vs NYR finals in 94 and Bure brought an excitement to the game that Hull never did because of his ability to go end to end. Whenever Bure would get the puck with any kind of space anywhere on the ice, the crowd would start buzzing with the anticipation that something amazing was about to happen. I think that same thing may be starting to happen with Tarasenko. I do not think we have ever seen a player with Tank's skill set here in St. Louis. I for one am gonna sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yeah to me he's looking more and more Bure than Hull (not saying he'll accomplish what those two did, just stylistically.)

destroy

Feb 15, 2014
Jinx thread? :sarcasm: stop it before it too late. Lets enjoy him playing and hope he will be good. All i can say i thankful to him and his teammates for hockey they playing right now.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I honestly don't know what to think. He definitely has "it". He's got elite vision and passing skills on top of his shot. He has shown speed, acceleration and agility that I didn't know that he had. He's big and strong. Seriously has no obvious weakness. He makes his teammates more dangerous because the other team has to try to isolate him now since he's dangerous at any given point.

With all that said....I'm a Blues fan and he's a Blue. I know at some point this will all come to a horrific end :sarcasm: I'm not use to what can turn into legit superstar power

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Good lord, his release is unreal! He has filthy hands also!

I've been loving the guy since his draft year.

Not even a Blues fan, but loving that kid anyway! Also love the commentator. RDS/TVA are boring and barely get hyped after a goal. I love english commentators as they mostly get crazy over nice goals while the french one in Montreal just go "Nice hands."

Who those two pretty girls were, I wonder.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tarasenko's personality is perfect. He's humble, he's hard working, and he's team oriented. I imagine it's a bit tiresome for the rest of the guys to answer questions about Tarasenko all day long, but he's such a good guy, and he's clearly not asking for the attention, that I don't think it will be an issue.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Tarasenko's personality is perfect. He's humble, he's hard working, and he's team oriented. I imagine it's a bit tiresome for the rest of the guys to answer questions about Tarasenko all day long, but he's such a good guy, and he's clearly not asking for the attention, that I don't think it will be an issue.
Right. There's a difference. I think the guys are legitimately happy with him and just happy he's helping win games. Nothing more, nothing less. He's far from a pre-madonna.

This is why I said he reminds me of Pujols, because he reacted the same with the media after success. Along with the determination and value they both put on their all around game. Not trying to say he will ever reach that level, BTW. Know how people like to overreact.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Their love for their respective games and their tireless efforts to perfect and hone their craft are something else that they share. I hope Tarasenko doesn't leave to go to LA the same way Albert did. Then again if he's won us a few rings and he's past his prime, it'll hurt a little less. :D

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Best part? He's only 22. Guy will be in his prime in like seven years.

Complete package. Insane.

OCTA8ON*

Funny how people, even at the beginning of the season, insisted on Schwartz being a more valuable player on this team than Tarasenko.

Who carried the team against Chicago, scoring multiple important goals to keep the team in the series? Not Schwartz.

Schwartz is a really effective player on the ice, but he doesn't have the same level of game breaking ability Tarasenko has. Just sayin.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Funny how people, even at the beginning of the season, insisted on Schwartz being a more valuable player on this team than Tarasenko.

Who carried the team against Chicago, scoring multiple important goals to keep the team in the series? Not Schwartz.

Schwartz is a really effective player on the ice, but he doesn't have the same level of game breaking ability Tarasenko has. Just sayin.
Not a good argument. Tarasenko had 4 goals and 4 points against Chicago which was great, but Schwartz still had 3 points himself - only 1 less. Let's not act like he was terrible against the Blackhawks. Tarasenko was better, but who was one of our best players in the 2013 playoffs? Schwartz was while Tarasenko was nowhere to be found.

Tarasenko still only has 2 more points than Schwartz this season, they are both playing well.

Sure Tarasenko is the better goal scorer but Schwartz is still good offensively and easily has the edge defensively. The two are very close. What is even your logic here to make a post putting down Schwartz just to pump Tarasenko's tires? If somebody wants to make a case that they think Schwartz is/will be better, they could easily have enough supporting arguments to make that case, and vice-versa. To me, neither one has shown to be head and shoulders above the other. They are pretty damn even, and still only 22 years old.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Since we don't have to choose one over the other, I don't see much value in arguing the point. I believed, and still believe, that Schwartz was higher on the Blues draft board. I think that's self-evident from their draft positions.

But this thread is headed to a point of arguing just for the sake of arguing. If we were trading for one, or some scenario like that, I think there's more to talk about. But we will have a few more years of evidence pile up before a situation like that.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Not a good argument. Tarasenko had 4 goals and 4 points against Chicago which was great, but Schwartz still had 3 points himself - only 1 less. Let's not act like he was terrible against the Blackhawks. Tarasenko was better, but who was one of our best players in the 2013 playoffs? Schwartz was while Tarasenko was nowhere to be found.

Tarasenko still only has 2 more points than Schwartz this season, they are both playing well.

Sure Tarasenko is the better goal scorer but Schwartz is still good offensively and easily has the edge defensively. The two are very close. What is even your logic here to make a post putting down Schwartz just to pump Tarasenko's tires? If somebody wants to make a case that they think Schwartz is/will be better, they could easily have enough supporting arguments to make that case, and vice-versa. To me, neither one has shown to be head and shoulders above the other. They are pretty damn even, and still only 22 years old.

Frank has 5 more points and 3 more goals than Schwartz. I'm not sure where you're getting 2 from. Unless you meant 2 more assists, then that number is right.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Since we don't have to choose one over the other, I don't see much value in arguing the point. I believed, and still believe, that Schwartz was higher on the Blues draft board. I think that's self-evident from their draft positions.

But this thread is headed to a point of arguing just for the sake of arguing. If we were trading for one, or some scenario like that, I think there's more to talk about. But we will have a few more years of evidence pile up before a situation like that.

Yeah, it's like Pens fans love to argue who's better Sid or Geno. Stupid thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad