Tarasenko Is Taking Over

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The scary thing is this isnt like steen last year where his shooting percentage is crazy high. he has the same shooting percentage this year as last year, hes just taking more than 2 extra shots per game (4.33 compared to 2.125) as long as he continues to take shots at this pace he will easily break 40 goals.
I mentioned this a few games ago before frank started hitting the back of the net. He's constantly shooting, he wasn't being discouraged.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Way to go out on a limb there :laugh: Nobody said he's the next Hull, just that they get the same excitement when the puck is on his stick as we did with Hull. Don't you get the same feeling when Vladi gets the puck with a head of steam? Like something awesome is about to happen?
Nope I don't get that same feeling since he's nowhere near as good as Hull and these 10 or whatever games don't change that whatsoever.

Also yes people have definitely compared him to superstars like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nope I don't get that same feeling since he's nowhere near as good as Hull and these 10 or whatever games don't change that whatsoever.

I think you might be alone on that. When he has the puck on his stick in a scoring area, I get very excited. Even when he doesn't score, something chaotic usually happens. He's the best goal scorer we've had since Hull. If you don't get excited watching him carry the puck into a scoring area, you might want to find a new hobby.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think you might be alone on that. When he has the puck on his stick in a scoring area, I get very excited. Even when he doesn't score, something chaotic usually happens. He's the best goal scorer we've had since Hull. If you don't get excited watching him carry the puck into a scoring area, you might want to find a new hobby.
If he does it for more than 10 games I will because his wrist shot is something else, but you failed to realize my point like most of you do.

Maya Blue

Jan 17, 2013
The scary thing is this isnt like steen last year where his shooting percentage is crazy high. he has the same shooting percentage this year as last year, hes just taking more than 2 extra shots per game (4.33 compared to 2.125) as long as he continues to take shots at this pace he will easily break 40 goals.

Yep, and Steen is back to hitting the glass behind the net.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If he does it for more than 10 games I will because his wrist shot is something else, but you failed to realize my point like most of you do.

He's done it for more than ten games. He did it his very first game in the NHL :laugh: He's starting to take over with more regularity in last playoffs and the beginning of this season, which is why people are getting more and more excited. This is, after all, a forum about the future of hockey.

If everyone is missing your point, you're clearly not making your point very effectively. Right now you're just being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He's done it for more than ten games. He did it his very first game in the NHL :laugh: He's starting to take over with more regularity in last playoffs and the beginning of this season, which is why people are getting more and more excited. This is, after all, a forum about the future of hockey.

If everyone is missing your point, you're clearly not making your point very effectively. Right now you're just being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.
You're really using the first game in the NHL argument? Ok thanks for proving my point. Yeah in his first game he looked great against a team that was completely sleepwalking out there (Detroit). Then after that he majorly cooled down and looked bad for a large portion of the season.

He has not produced on a consistent enough basis for me to even put him in the same sentence as Brett Hull. I know a lot of you guys were ready to induct him into the hall before he played a game though so it's useless trying to explain that. My point shouldn't be hard to realize, if it is then maybe pick up a book.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
You're really using the first game in the NHL argument? Ok thanks for proving my point. Yeah in his first game he looked great against a team that was completely sleepwalking out there (Detroit). Then after that he majorly cooled down and looked bad for a large portion of the season.*

He has not produced on a consistent enough basis for me to even put him in the same sentence as Brett Hull. I know a lot of you guys were ready to induct him into the hall before he played a game though so it's useless trying to explain that. My point shouldn't be hard to realize, if it is then maybe pick up a book.

*Following a concussion in his first season in North America after already playing a half season of hockey.

Being excited about a guy's undeniable skill and potential doesn't mean they're ready to induct him in the hall. You seem to be the only person around here that either can't make that distinction or doesn't see what everyone else does.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
*Following a concussion in his first season in North America after already playing a half season of hockey.

Being excited about a guy's undeniable skill and potential doesn't mean they're ready to induct him in the hall. You seem to be the only person around here that either can't make that distinction or doesn't see what everyone else does.

It's an internet staple, the hyperbolic straw man. No point in even addressing it.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
No point in addressing my points, just keep hyping him up!

What precisely is your point then? Nobody here is saying Tarasenko will ever be as good as Hull. The comparisons are simply pointing out that Tarasenko has the potential to be the best game breaking sniper we've had since Hull and that he's starting to deliver on that promise.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What precisely is your point then? Nobody here is saying Tarasenko will ever be as good as Hull. The comparisons are simply pointing out that Tarasenko has the potential to be the best game breaking sniper we've had since Hull and that he's starting to deliver on that promise.
Ok, I agree with that but that's not really saying very much in my opinion.

He's a good player and will be good but he's like Oshie in the fact that he'll still be overrated by the fanbase probably his entire career. These 50 goal projections are way too premature. 35-40 maybe but I haven't seen much else to think he'll go higher than that yet. If he shows more consistency and keeps shooting the puck though, we'll see. Hopefully he become a 40-45 goal guy, which is what we've needed. 50 is very hard to do, don't see it.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

He's a good player and will be good but he's like Oshie in the fact that he'll still be overrated by the fanbase probably his entire career. These 50 goal projections are way too premature. 35-40 maybe but I haven't seen much else to think he'll go higher than that yet. If he shows more consistency and keeps shooting the puck though, we'll see. Hopefully he become a 40-45 goal guy, which is what we've needed. 50 is very hard to do, don't see it.
The only person I've seen recently project 50 goals is Reed Low, and we all know he's taken one too many punches to the face.

35 to 40 is absolutely a possibility with his talent. Realistically speaking, that puts him in that territory as the best goal scorer we've had since Hull.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
The only person I've seen recently project 50 goals is Reed Low, and we all know he's taken one too many punches to the face.

35 to 40 is absolutely a possibility with his talent. Realistically speaking, that puts him in that territory as the best goal scorer we've had since Hull.

Um...how dare you overlook Brad Boyes?

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO

He's a good player and will be good but he's like Oshie in the fact that he'll still be overrated by the fanbase probably his entire career.

These 50 goal projections are way too premature. 35-40 maybe but I haven't seen much else to think he'll go higher than that yet. If he shows more consistency and keeps shooting the puck though, we'll see. Hopefully he become a 40-45 goal guy, which is what we've needed. 50 is very hard to do, don't see it.

lol, wow ok. I mean I know that at the moment Tarasenko is outshining your personal favorite Schwartz(at least one of your favorites), but just be happy they're both on our team and enjoy the ride. There's no need to be in denial about Tarasenko's ability and the excitement he brings on the ice. It's not as if we fans are the only ones bringing this up, broadcasters, coaches, former teammates, and many other hockey minds nationally have talked about it as well. Just enjoy the ride. When Schwartz goes on an extended hot streak we'll all be singing his praises too.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
lol, wow ok. I mean I know that at the moment Tarasenko is outshining your personal favorite Schwartz(at least one of your favorites), but just be happy they're both on our team and enjoy the ride. There's no need to be in denial about Tarasenko's ability and the excitement he brings on the ice. It's not as if we fans are the only ones bringing this up, broadcasters, coaches, former teammates, and many other hockey minds nationally have talked about it as well. Just enjoy the ride. When Schwartz goes on an extended hot streak we'll all be singing his praises too.
That pitch was way outside but good try.

rivoshy 1774

Oct 9, 2013
ontario, Can

Then I definitely think you're in the minority. I think the kid is something special.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Guys, guys, guys, guys!

While we might be riding on the back of the greatest player to ever play the game at any position, we can all agree that he would be nothing without his magic shoes.

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad