Tarasenko and Kitsyn...

HemskyToHall*

Rundblad isn't a bust but Tarasenko is like a smaller Paajarvi with finish and dynamic offensive instincts.

This topic has been beaten to a dead horse but I think the Blues should get charged with robbery.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
Am I stupid or Tarasenko was invisible during the period 1 and 2 in the final? Some friends said Im stupid, what's your opinion? haha

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I dont think they're saying Rundblad is a bust, its just Tarasenko is looking to be a total beast up front, and with OTT's fine young dmen, a Russian tank that loves to score might have been a nicer fit.

This might be true, but considering the fact OTT would have never drafted a Russian player anyways, it seems like a good trade for both teams right now

HemskyToHall*

This might be true, but considering the fact OTT would have never drafted a Russian player anyways, it seems like a good trade for both teams right now

That's funny because they gave a russian defenseman past his prime to a big money contract, that's bull.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
That's funny because they gave a russian defenseman past his prime to a big money contract, that's bull.

You're really comparing an all-star defenseman that's already playing in the NHL to an undrafted prospect? It's pretty clear they weren't going to draft a Russian player in the first round of the draft according to most people...too much risk that he doesn't come over, goes back to Russia, etc.

There is no risk signing guys that are already in the NHL and are proven players

HemskyToHall*

You're really comparing an all-star defenseman that's already playing in the NHL to an undrafted prospect? It's pretty clear they weren't going to draft a Russian player in the first round of the draft according to most people...too much risk that he doesn't come over, goes back to Russia, etc.

There is no risk signing guys that are already in the NHL and are proven players

Kovalev?

Sorry that post sounded harsh btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad