Tarasenko and Kitsyn...

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
Hey, I just watched the WJC U20 semi-final between Russia and Sweden and I liked how Kitsyk and Tarasenko played. They are very different and I think Kitsyn will have more succes in futur because he works harder than Tarasenko and he is the only one to crush the net for team Russia... I think Tarasenko has more talent than Kitsyn but I think he'll be like Alex Kovalev but a little bit faster on his skate. Is it a good comparaison? What do you think about these players?

Sorry if my english isn't that good, im from quebec!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Tarasenko is nothing like Kovalev.

Tarasenko is a good leader who has great skills but he's also somewhat gritty. He plays well in open ice and in the corners; he'll battle for loose pucks. His style reminds me alot of Vladimir Krutov's.

I think Tarasenko actually had a poor game vs the Swedes, but he's still a great player.

Last edited:

Bicepus McMaximus

Sep 14, 2009
I have to admit, I noticed a bit of Kovalev in Tarasenko's game myself throughout the tourney. He looks very similar in the way he skates and handles the puck.

We do have to be careful with such a comparison for two reasons; Kovalev has commitment issues and at the same time he's arguably one of the most individually skilled players to ever play in the NHL.

So if Tarasenko is Kovalev with heart; look out!

At 7:30 mark:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Tarasenko is lethal. I think he can be a premier goalscorer if developed properly. He's been cherrypicking quite much in the tournament so far but he battles in the corners for sure. I think he is the real deal

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010

Tarasenko is a good leader who has great skills but he's also somewhat gritty. He plays well in open ice and in the corners; he'll battle for loose pucks. His style reminds me alot of Vladimir Krutov's.

I think Tarasenko actually had a poor game vs the Swedes, but he's still a great player.

The only game Tarasenko didn't show up for was the Finland game.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Its not a shame to be compared with Kovalev.

Aside from that...he wont be the last one who is gritty, battles, plays the corners etc...at age 19...just to change to a different kind of player in the NHL...

Kitsyn reminds me of Ryan Smyth around the crease.

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
During the round robin i though Tarasenko was easily Russia's best player but, he was invisble vs. Finland, it seemed he wasn't even trying. And the semis he looked better but, still not like the round robin. I hope consistency isn't a issue or he will be like Kovalev. He has the skills and strength to be a top forward in the NHL.

Kitsyn goes to the net hard and has some nice hands. I really like him he is very good goal scorer, can he score in the NHL?

No love for Kuznetsov? he was clutch against Finland.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
During the round robin i though Tarasenko was easily Russia's best player but, he was invisble vs. Finland, it seemed he wasn't even trying. And the semis he looked better but, still not like the round robin. I hope consistency isn't a issue or he will be like Kovalev. He has the skills and strength to be a top forward in the NHL.

Kitsyn goes to the net hard and has some nice hands. I really like him he is very good goal scorer, can he score in the NHL?

No love for Kuznetsov? he was clutch against Finland.

Kuznetsov was amazing. A lot of skills. I really like Tarasenko and Kitsyn too. Those three really impress me.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
i bet if the kids got more time in games they would show more of their colors like they are in the wjc

Doubt it. WJC level of play is still significantly below KHL. Basically all but a handful of Russian WJC players aren't good enough for a regular KHL roster spot......and this is a team playing for gold.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Kovalev is a strange comparison for any player because he's such an enigma himself. An all time great puck handler, shooter and skater, with good size/strength to boot, but so often he just does not show up. Definitely in the argument for guys who have done the least with the most in NHL history, and even still he put up 44 goals and 95 points in 2000/01 (4th in the NHL in points that year). He doesn't have the talent of a Kovalev (very few ever have), but at the same time he doesn't seem to have the motivation/personality red flags either. I've heard Tarasenko compared to Radulov, which is not a bad comparison IMO, and I think Radulov would be quite the player if he were still in the NHL.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
I compare Taresenko to datysuk with less skill but more leadership, he loves to win, i think kytsin will play in the NHL eventually because of the way he drives the net, with kuznetsov we will have to see i hope his operation on his shoulders go well after this tourney

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Tarasenko is the only player taken in the first round tht I think could end up being better than hall and/or seguin

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
Tarasenko is the only player taken in the first round tht I think could end up being better than hall and/or seguin

Interesting comment. I think there is quite a few but the odds are unlikely that will happen but Tarasenko, Johanson, Nino, Granlund, Schwartz, Kuznetsov, Skinner, Burmistrov and Connonly all have a chance. In particular Granlund, Skinner and Tarasenko because of there skill level.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Interesting comment. I think there is quite a few but the odds are unlikely that will happen but Tarasenko, Johanson, Nino, Granlund, Schwartz, Kuznetsov, Skinner, Burmistrov and Connonly all have a chance. In particular Granlund, Skinner and Tarasenko because of there skill level.

In my opinion the blues made out like bandits at the draft, I forgot they drafted schwartz. Also I agree with you on some players I think granlund niño and schwartz and skinner could also be better but they are more longshots to be better than hall/seguin

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
In my opinion the blues made out like bandits at the draft, I forgot they drafted schwartz. Also I agree with you on some players I think granlund niño and schwartz and skinner could also be better but they are more longshots to be better than hall/seguin

Onlything with Nino is he is going to be a powerforward, so it is less likely the elite tag is placed on him, still very good talent though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->