Tarasenko and Kitsyn...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Interesting comment. I think there is quite a few but the odds are unlikely that will happen but Tarasenko, Johanson, Nino, Granlund, Schwartz, Kuznetsov, Skinner, Burmistrov and Connonly all have a chance. In particular Granlund, Skinner and Tarasenko because of there skill level.

I don't think anyone in the draft will be better than Hall, but a couple may be better than Seguin eventually. I'd say Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Connolly and Johanson are the players with the best shot of doing that with Burmistrov, Kuznetsov and Granlund having an outside chance at doing the same.

I have loved how Niederreiter, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko have looked in this tournament. Considering the first two I mentioned can return next year they have both looked dominant. Nino's size and skill is just incredible, while Kuznetsov's abilities with the puck remind me of Ilya Kovalchuk. Tarasenko looks like a true leader out there and has a ton of skill and heart. These guys could end up being the 2nd-4th best players from the 2010 draft.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
I don't think anyone in the draft will be better than Hall, but a couple may be better than Seguin eventually. I'd say Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Connolly and Johanson are the players with the best shot of doing that with Burmistrov, Kuznetsov and Granlund having an outside chance at doing the same.

I have loved how Niederreiter, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko have looked in this tournament. Considering the first two I mentioned can return next year they have both looked dominant. Nino's size and skill is just incredible, while Kuznetsov's abilities with the puck remind me of Ilya Kovalchuk. Tarasenko looks like a true leader out there and has a ton of skill and heart. These guys could end up being the 2nd-4th best players from the 2010 draft.

Johansen*

And Niederreiter had a pretty normal tournement ... He didn't dominated ... And for Kuznetsov and Tarasenko yeah, they impressed me, Kuznetsov was clutch !! And Tarasenko lead his team to the final (a silver medal I hope :sarcasm:)

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec

I didn't watch all Swiss game at U20 tournament but some french analyst said of Nino was a deception this year, he wasn't as good as last year. What do you think about it?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Johansen*

And Niederreiter had a pretty normal tournement ... He didn't dominated ... And for Kuznetsov and Tarasenko yeah, they impressed me, Kuznetsov was clutch !! And Tarasenko lead his team to the final (a silver medal I hope :sarcasm:)

I didn't watch all Swiss game at U20 tournament but some french analyst said of Nino was a deception this year, he wasn't as good as last year. What do you think about it?

I agree that Nino hasn't been as dominant as most hoped, but he was still the Swiss' best forward night in and night out. There aren't too many players who look to have the type of skill that this kid has, especially at 6'2. He seemed to be on his own for most of the tournament and started fairly slowly, but by time they played Canada, he was looking like he did last year. If he comes back next year, along with Bartschi and Hofmann, I expect them to be dominant and for the Swiss to challenge for Bronze. The Swiss program is really starting to take shape and they may be ahead of the Slovak's now in development.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
Interesting comment. I think there is quite a few but the odds are unlikely that will happen but Tarasenko, Johanson, Nino, Granlund, Schwartz, Kuznetsov, Skinner, Burmistrov and Connonly all have a chance. In particular Granlund, Skinner and Tarasenko because of there skill level.

I agree with a lot of this, but, I actually think that Kuznetsov is more skilled than both Granlund and Tarasenko. That's not to say that he is a better player than either (for me, Tarasenko's consistency puts him a notch higher than Kuznetsov in my book), but when you are analyzing just their respective skill level, Kuznetsov gets the nod from me. In fact, I would rank Kuznetsov as the single most skilled player at the tournament.

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
I agree with a lot of this, but, I actually think that Kuznetsov is more skilled than both Granlund and Tarasenko. That's not to say that he is a better player than either (for me, Tarasenko's consistency puts him a notch higher than Kuznetsov in my book), but when you are analyzing just their respective skill level, Kuznetsov gets the nod from me. In fact, I would rank Kuznetsov as the single most skilled player at the tournament.

I agree Kuznetsov is the most skilled but, there are things he won't or can't do that seperate Granlund, Skinner and Tarasenko. Granlund has great vision, Kuznetsov seems to have tunnel vision for the most part. Skinner is a great goal scorer and is willing to drive to the net, Kuznetsov likes the perimeter. Tarasenko is strong on the puck, Kuznetsov relies of his hands to keep the puck.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
I agree Kuznetsov is the most skilled but, there are things he won't or can't do that seperate Granlund, Skinner and Tarasenko. Granlund has great vision, Kuznetsov seems to have tunnel vision for the most part. Skinner is a great goal scorer and is willing to drive to the net, Kuznetsov likes the perimeter. Tarasenko is strong on the puck, Kuznetsov relies of his hands to keep the puck.

I think you're underrating Kuznetsov's vision somewhat (at least from what I've seen of the kid; two WJCs, prospect camp practices and the prospect scrimmage at Kettler Ice Complex.) To me, his vision seems very good, especially for a winger (the Caps often talk about him eventually developing into a scoring line center, which is usually a reliable indicator about what they think of a player's vision/skill level.)

Also, it's important to note that Kuznetsov is playing with two bum shoulders that will require surgery after the tournament (injuries suffered during KHL play.) Before the injury many people on this forum noted Kuznetsov's propensity to go to the net. It's entirely possible that the injury is forcing him to play a more perimeter oriented game (it certainly looks that way to me when you compare his play in this tournament to his performance at the prospect camp and at the U18's.)

It's true though that Tarasenko is stronger on the puck, while Kuznetsov uses his skill to maintain puck possession more often than not.

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
I think you're underrating Kuznetsov's vision somewhat (at least from what I've seen of the kid; two WJCs, prospect camp practices and the prospect scrimmage at Kettler Ice Complex.) To me, his vision seems very good, especially for a winger (the Caps often talk about him eventually developing into a scoring line center, which is usually a reliable indicator about what they think of a player's vision/skill level.)

Also, it's important to note that Kuznetsov is playing with two bum shoulders that will require surgery after the tournament (injuries suffered during KHL play.) Before the injury many people on this forum noted Kuznetsov's propensity to go to the net. It's entirely possible that the injury is forcing him to play a more perimeter oriented game (it certainly looks that way to me when you compare his play in this tournament to his performance at the prospect camp and at the U18's.)

It's true though that Tarasenko is stronger on the puck, while Kuznetsov uses his skill to maintain puck possession more often than not.

Fair enough you obviously have watched him more then I have. And I do keep forgetting he is playing with a bad shoulder so, I should be easier on him.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Am I stupid if I say that Panarin is very good too ?? A bit small but I think he can developped into a solid KHL player ... if he doesn't come to america

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
Yea but not as good as Kitsyn,Tarasenko and Kuznetsov of course... Kalinin is playing well too

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Yea but not as good as Kitsyn,Tarasenko and Kuznetsov of course... Kalinin is playing well too

Yea i'm stupid or yea he can developped into a solid KHL player ?? loll ...

And of course Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Kitsyn are better ...

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
I hope they will play in the NHL ... These three and Orlov and maybe Zaytsev ... They all have NHL potential ...

Zaytsev disapoint me a little bit in this tournament but I know he have some potential

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
In my opinion the blues made out like bandits at the draft, I forgot they drafted schwartz. Also I agree with you on some players I think granlund niño and schwartz and skinner could also be better but they are more longshots to be better than hall/seguin

IMO Skinner and Tarasenko are the only players who could be better than Hall. IMO they will be both better than Seguin, and I think Skinner will be better than Hall too. Unpopular opinion for sure though.

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
annnnnd Tarasenko is hurt. Looks like a concussion to my untrained eye

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
annnnnd Tarasenko is hurt. Looks like a concussion to my untrained eye

Yeah bad news ... he receives a skate on the side of the head ... looks soft but maybe it hurt a lot ... Maybe he will be on the bench on the third

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Yeah bad news ... he receives a skate on the side of the head ... looks soft but maybe it hurt a lot ... Maybe he will be on the bench on the third

Yeah Tarasenko his on the ice ... And Panarin score a goal ! And Kitsyn also ...

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Hey, uh, St. Louis???

Is there any chance we can undo that trade? Thanks.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Hey, uh, St. Louis???

Is there any chance we can undo that trade? Thanks.

Rundblad appears to be a future stud on D. But yeah, with Karlsson, Cowen and Wiercioch, etc. the Sens sure could have used a beast like Tarasenko on the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad