Pre-Game Talk: Tanner Glass vs the return of Zach Boychuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If Neal ever shows to work well with Sid and they got on a hot streak Disco would have absolutely no idea what to do when Geno gets back. Its a risk he isn't willing to take.

it's sad that this is actually a plausible reason.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
It disturbs me at great length that Bylsma seems to want a defensive-oriented right-winger for Crosby's line. Crosby's our best two-way forward. Kunitz used to be very good two ways, at least, maybe not as much now, but are they really in need of a penalty killer on their line? Really?

Crosby has shouldered the tougher assignments that Staal used to, more power on power matchups. I assume that is a continuation of that trend.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Vitale's looked good this year, sad that we're at a point where we're using him our top 6 though. He's like a 4th line version of Crosby this year. Works really hard, skates well (and fast), tenacious on the boards and even, of late, is always looking to make a nice setup. Of course, he doesn't have the skill to make it all work, but I applaud the effort, and I hope RS gets our forward core back into a situation where he's able to spearhead a quick, irritating-to-play-against 4th line.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It disturbs me at great length that Bylsma seems to want a defensive-oriented right-winger for Crosby's line. Crosby's our best two-way forward. Kunitz used to be very good two ways, at least, maybe not as much now, but are they really in need of a penalty killer on their line? Really?

Vitale got picked for his quick feet and his willingness to dig pucks out of the corners...drive to the net through traffic. Not for his "defense." They're hoping, like with Dupuis, that lanes open up elsewhere just because of where Vitale's going and what he's doing away from the puck.

The reality is there's no point in complaining about this. There isn't a rational player to put there available to Bylsma. He can try Neal, but Neal's not available long-term beyond, probably, tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce